Help with my hdtv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
Alright, i have a sharp 720p hdtv, i connected my vi card to it but the picture is too big, like when i move my mouse down, the picture moxes down, and its the same in all directions. iconnected it through both the vga and component inputs, both do the same thing. Any suggestions?

Your graphics card drivers should come with a tool to resize your desktop, or your TV should have a zoom option or similar. If this doesn't work, then find out your native resolution and set it to that (if you haven't already).

How do you have the computer connected to the TV? S-video? dvi? or hdmi? My media pc just hooks up to my tv using a regular dvi cable and i set the resolution just like i would a computer monitor.

I used the s-video/hdtv out with the component adapter, and also tried the vga input on my tv, but both did the same. I still havent tried a dvi-hdmi cable.

I used the s-video/hdtv out with the component adapter, and also tried the vga input on my tv, but both did the same. I still havent tried a dvi-hdmi cable.

Using hdmi will probably work, if it doesn't im not sure what the prob is, i have never tryed to hook a computer up to an HD TV before.

It's just like hooking it up to a monitor. You would still preferably use a DVI or HDMI cable. If you have HDMI input, use a DVI->HDMI adapter.

try and mess with the resolution, cause im sure that your tv resolution and your monitor resolution are two different ones, and the settings that are applied to the tv are settings that are good on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom