HELP!!!!!! my first computer build!

i_dont_know

Beta member
i am trying to make my own gaming pc as im not paying the £40 a year for online needed for ps4 or xbox 1 especially when pcs are better, so i have done some research and these parts sound pretty good but i need pro advice. i need everything including case and it needs to be around £400 max £500, please help!
here is my list, if you can find anything to improve/swap please do. i know nothing about what is good other than from reviews. i want it to be an amd build also, unless inntel is that much better.

case:aerocool strike-x one £30
power supply ( i dont know how much i need): corsair cx500w £46
RAM: corsair low profile 1x8gb £50
hard drive: western digital 1tb £50
heat sink: cooler master hyper 212 evo £20
motherboard:asus m5a97 r2.0 £60
cpu: fx 6300 hexa core processor £90
gpu: his radeon hd 7790 turbo £90
total: £446

i want to play fps like battlefield and others so it needs to be suitable for them
also i plan to buy it in february so it still needs to be up to date and not be redundant
thanks a ton and any help would be appreciated :)
what will it be capable of? i only want to game, do homework etc.
are all of the parts compatible with each other?
thanks again

Last edited:
So what you're saying is you plan to buy in February of 2014? If so, wait until then. Prices and availability change by the week. Something picked out today could be more expensive, way cheaper with better available, or simply EOL by the time February comes around.

yes, i was just choosing parts... i know prices will change, i was just wondering if the build would be any good, and if the build is redundant by then, at least i'll know what im doing/what parts to choose/ what to look for, but thanks for the advice

I answered your questions already by what I was saying. Come back and ask when you're ready to buy, more than likely you'll be able to pick better parts anyways. It's not so much a price thing, but PC parts are released every 6 months. Lower end models come out, previous prices get dropped and slashed.

More than likely by the time you're able to build your budget can include a better i5 CPU, and a much better GPU. The 7790 isn't all that fantastic, and with a small budget build like this an aftermarket cooler is far from a necessity.

Is the build all compatible? Yes. Will it play the games you want? Yes, at lower settings. Will the rig be up to date? For low end, pretty much. Will it be redundant, not exactly the best adjective to use for PC hardware. Will it be outdated, yea, it currently already is.

Back
Top Bottom