Help me write the Ultimate Computer bible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Thou shall waste time on thy custom build on subject matters like this.
9. Thou shall ignore #8.

On behalf of vernong's laziness....lol...jk..

Here is the edited list so far:

1. Thou shall build thy own's computer.
2. Thou shall not buy from Dell.
3. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.
4. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.
5. Thou shall keep your PC cool.
6. Thou shall always overclock and not fear to overclock.
7. Thou shall handle one's computer with care.
8. Thou shall be grounded when working on thy computer.
9. Thou shall maintain a dust free and clean system.
10. Thou shall not covet thy fellow techie's computer.
11. Thou shall not bear false witness about thou own's computer. (Khan!!!)
12. Thou shall not use force when installing components, when components fit in one way.

Others
13. Thou shall always install thine latest drivers before posting "Oh no!! my new device is broken" on T.F.
14. If thou get a really power hungry video card, thou shall remember to plug in the extra video power before claiming that thou video card is broken.
15. Failure to abide by the PC Bible will result in burning in computer anti-heaven, where thou shalt be tortured by Bill Gates and be forced to re-code all of what is Windows ME until it is perfect and pure and bad bang for the buck for the system you just bought

And there you have, your 12 computer commandments. I still think we should shorten the list. Some of them fall in the same category. I think the last three should be in the others list, because it's not really necessary. And the list looks more simple, as a smaller list.

i think you should revise 15 to "failure to abide by the PC Bible will result in burning in computer anti-heave, where you have to sell Norcent's computer for 1200 <-- IMPOSSIBLE SO OVERCLOCK NOW

5. Thou shall keep your PC cool.
9. Thou shall maintain a dust free and clean system.

Combine these 2 to say something like

"Thou shall keep thy's computer cool and clean."

1. Thou shall build thy own's computer.
2. Thou shall not buy from Dell.

These could be combined because for desktops they are redundant. Something like

"Thou shall build thy own desktop and never buy a laptop from Dell."

But I still think Dell is okay for laptops so I would say

"Though shall build thy own desktop and only buy a Dell laptop if its heavily discounted."

15. Failure to abide by the PC Bible will result in burning in computer anti-heaven, where thou shalt be tortured by Bill Gates and be forced to re-code all of what is Windows ME until it is perfect and pure and bad bang for the buck for the system you just bought

This doesn't need to be a numbered commandment it can just come after like the "in the beginning" does at the start.

that made me lol haha

Heres how I would do it.

In the beginning there was an online shop. And it was good. God commanded man to buy parts from the shop and to build a machine. Man worked for 6 days and 6 nights to find the best parts and on the 7th day he built PC. And it was fast. These were the commandments to be followed during the "Great Rig Building"

1. Thou shall build thy own desktop and never buy a laptop from Dell.
2. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.
3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall keep thy's computer cool and clean.
5. Thou shall always overclock and not fear to overclock.
6. Thou shall handle one's computer with care.
7. Thou shall be grounded when working on thy computer.
8. Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's computer.
9. Thou shall not bear false witness about thou's own computer. (Khan!!!)
10. Thou shall not use force when installing components, when components fit in one way.
11. Thou shall always install thine latest drivers before posting "Oh no!! my new device is broken" on T.F.
12. If thou get a really power hungry video card, thou shall remember to plug in the extra video power before claiming that thou video card is broken.

Failure to abide by the PC Bible will result in burning in computer anti-heaven, where thou shalt be tortured by Bill Gates and be forced to re-code all of what is Windows ME until it is perfect and pure and bad bang for the buck for the system you just bought.

Edited to remove double commandment.

Number 4 and 8 are the same so:
1. Thou shall build thy own desktop and never buy a desktop from Dell.
2. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.
3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall maintain one's computer clean and at cool temperatures.
5. Thou shall handle one's computer with care. (grounded with thy computer goes in this one)
6. Thou shall always overclock and not fear to overclock.
7. Thou shall not covet thy fellow techie's computer.
8. Thou shall not bear false witness about thou's own computer. (Khan!!!)
9. Thou shall not use force when installing components, when components fit in one way.
10. Thou shall always install thine latest drivers before posting "Oh no!! my new device is broken" on T.F.

I decided to cut the last one, to make it an even 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom