Help me upgrade mobo and processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picard

Solid State Member
Ok right now, my computer is pretty good and all but, i think i REALLY need to upgrade the mother board and processor ... also i could use a new case, somthing with more fans or cooling or what ever because my computer has restarted it self on over heating more then once before...

Anyway what im looking for ...

I want to try and keep it at a maximum of 500 dollars but if i must go over that because its really worth it then i can do that ...

Right now in my computer i got a radeon 9800 pro all in wonder card

2 512 sticks of kingston ram

My sound card and hardrive arent the best but i will replace them later ...

basicly all the stuff i mentioned, i want to be able to move from this computer to that one. i have a guy who is gonna rebuild it all for me, he just needs me to get the stuff. And this is where i need help ...

Of everything else i need, please link me to it , perferbly from newegg.com ... always liked there service :)

thanks for any help you guys can give.

btw is it really a big deal if the processor out powers the 3d card by alot ? I plan on geting a new 3d card later but this one is good enough for what i want ... just wanna be able to transfer the stuff i have now onto new computer, and upgrade all the rest later .

if you do this, you're going to put yourself in a pickle. You have an AGP slot card. That means you'll have to buy an AGP compatible motherboard. The curveball here is that AGP is being phased out. You're buying new components for old technology that you'll hardly be able to upgrade at all. I'd suggest going with a PCIe setup anyway. For 500 bucks, you can get things rolling.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo4-F
eVGA 6800GS

Ryan

Ok screw it, ill buy the 3d card :p , just one thing you didnt post ... what case should i get ? i need somthing that can really cool off my computer if it gets hot. Guess i need somthing with alot of fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom