Dellion

Beta member
Hello.
My system:

A8V-Deluxe (non sli)
FX-55
2 Gigs RAM (i think 2700)
9800XT

i spent good money on this computer, and i was just wondering what i should upgrade first because my computer seems to be going slow in current games. I know that 9800XT aint the latest and greatest, so what would be a good one to get next? Any good motherboards that you would recommend? Any help would be greatfull! Thanks in Advance!

The other thing, is that this person i know just put together a new system 3500+, 1 Gig ram, 7800GT, but the thing is, that system LOOKS like it runs faster than mine...even tho my prossor is worth more than that whole thing...so......i know i need to upgrade something...thanks..

Go with a DFI Lanparty motherboard and a 7800GT. The FX-55 speed can be reached by many AMD processors by simply overclocking.

fx series arent the best because the speeds can be reached so you can save a few hundred bucks if you go for like a 4800 or so

So basically the FX-55 was a bad purchase? Or can i overclock that or something to make it better?

And are you sure i should go with the 7800GT? Because when windows vista comes out, directx10 will be with it and i dont think any cards currently support it, so wouldn't i just need to upgrade again then, or am i wrong and go with the 7800GT?

Also, will having pc2700 ram instead of 3200 make a visual difference in speed that i need to worry about?

Dellion said:
So basically the FX-55 was a bad purchase? Or can i overclock that or something to make it better?

What we were saying is that youi can buy cheaper cpu's and overclock them to fx-55's performance..

Dellion said:
And are you sure i should go with the 7800GT? Because when windows vista comes out, directx10 will be with it and i dont think any cards currently support it, so wouldn't i just need to upgrade again then, or am i wrong and go with the 7800GT?

as far as I knew, windows vista was still going to use DX9, but a new version of 9 is comeing out (I think it's Direct X 9.0L) which supports pixelshader 4 or something...

but my old mx 4000 supports dx9 when I've been told it's only a dx7 card..., so I think a 7800 should work fine, if not better with a new Direct X...

That ram is slowing your computers speed down.... That or it is being overclocked to match the frequency, which I doubt. Get new ram and a new video card.

lazerman said:
That ram is slowing your computers speed down.... That or it is being overclocked to match the frequency, which I doubt. Get new ram and a new video card.

Thank you! That was the type of answer that i was looking for. What ram would you recommend that i get if i get the DFI Lanparty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom