fakebird

Baseband Member
Hey guys, ive got 1.5k ( can go up if needed of course :]) and i want a new:
mobo
processor
ram
videocard

either intel or AMD, im fine with both.
I wanted to know the best possible build under this budget, also, i can buy more RAM later on so thats not my first priority here im trying to put most of the money into the Mobo and Processor.

Lets see what you guys can come up with!

Thanks for the help,
-fakebird

Would you consider overclocking the new CPU? You'll get a much more out of it if you do.

If you don't buy the RAM now you won't be able to use any of the other stuff unless you have some RAM already.

With a 1.5k budget, you'll easily be able to fit in the top of everything, including RAM. You won't be able to put in as much of that money into the mobo and CPU as you seem to think, even with a high-end i7 and respectively high-end motherboard, you won't reach 1k without wasting a vast quantity of money which won't make much difference.

I have a liquid cooling system, so i could overclock if i needed to yes.
yes hef suggested i get the Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

and
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Any thing better than this mobo? that processor seems fine to me, i can always overclock it.

oh about about the RAM i meant i dont need to spend awhole lot on it now, i can buy MORE later.

Omg i think i came when i saw that evga board xD its so pretty! can i get a link to the P6T you speak of ? I dont really plan on overclocking anything but the processor(if i even overclock that) but as i always say, i like to keep my options open. That EVGA looks amazing! i think i might get it :3

The P6T I mentioned is the same one you already linked to. The Asus P6T Deluxe V2. I was rather vague about that :p

And yes, that is an epic board, but it's designed for professional overclockers, so if you're not going to use it to overclock then it's really not worth the money ;) But hey, it's up to you.

well i have the cash for that board, think i should go for it? i mean there will be a time where i want to overclock to keep it as up to date as possible, and this would help alot.

Personally I don't think it would be worth you getting it, unless you're absolutely sure you're going to OC it. Especially since the P6T Deluxe V2 is also a good overclocker, not quite as good but still good.

Alright sounds good, one last question. I'm going to be buying my parts after x-mas so around the first month of 2010. Any new CPUs or mobos planed to come out around then ?

I think the i9 series is coming out around january, those are six-cores, but an i7 will be plenty for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom