help me out guys, vid card question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
I found this while looking at a video card upgrade for my pc, should i go for it? i dont plan on using vista or dx10 for a while and an 8800gt is out of the question right now, and the 8600gt and gts just aint worth it.

XFX 7900gs
XFX GeForce 7900 GS Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 SLI PCI Express Dual DVI HDTV Video Card PVT71PUDE3 at TigerDirect.com

XFX 7950gt
Mwave.com: Search Results

Im liking the gt more as i like the passive cooling, and i need my pc as quiet as possible but im not sure if i can justify the $70 difference in price, im sure my psu can run both as it has 3 12v rails. And the 7950 should be right up there with the 8800 if im not mistaken?

The HD3850 is better than that 7950GT, and is *supposed* to be $180. I'd get that if you want a card in that price range.

Has to be nvidia and xfx, (color scheme thing) plus i got an nforce 5 board. (this is an all nvidia build) Im not a heavy gamer, i just wanna play some games maxed out, like cod 2, cod4, maybe company of heroes and a few others.

Honestly I would go with the 3800 series, and forget the colour scheme. Do you like nV that much to forsake price/performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom