Help me out! Buying a new PC! (Gaming)

theredmatter1

Baseband Member
Whats up guys. I have the PNY XLR8 Performance Edition Geforce GTX 660 2048MB GDDR5 | DIRECTX11 | SLI | PHYSX | 3D VISION graphics card.

I want to build a maxed out computer (AMD based) around this card to reach about 60 frames I think . . . I dont know. I am on a budget, or I guess im not since I could save up money for quite a while till I can buy something.

But for the time being I would like to learn about what specs I should want that isnt OVER kill, but it runs everything perfectly, and I dont have to worry about anything.

I hear things about liquid cooling and all this stuff, but that it can be dangerous and all this other blah blah.

So help me out, and teach me what I need to know.

ALSO! Is my card a good card? Costed about 250 I think. Got it as a present. Any who. Iveh ad ****ty computers for awhile, and now I want a good one. A really good one. It doesnt have to look like a transformer. Help me out!

Depends on the budget at hand, and I wouldn't build an AMD machine.

Either an i3 or an i5 based machine depending on your budget. The 660 is a good card, but it wont max everything out at 60fps.

Well, I think I could wait and save up to maybe ALMOST a thousand dollars? If I cant achieve 60 frames with this card, what can I do to gain the maximum efficiency of this card? People talk to me about getting a solid state drive, and all this other stuff. I dont even know HALF of what the advanced components out there do.

Well, I think I could wait and save up to maybe ALMOST a thousand dollars? If I cant achieve 60 frames with this card, what can I do to gain the maximum efficiency of this card? People talk to me about getting a solid state drive, and all this other stuff. I dont even know HALF of what the advanced components out there do.
It's just the card itself. No amount of other components around the card will help its performance besides adding another one for SLI and even that isn't guaranteed. The card is still a great card and will give you good frames with high to maxed settings in most all games but others will give you troubles like Crysis 3.

You can get a nice machine around the card for 1000 or less. What do you have right now? We could probably easily work with that.

An SSD is a fast storage device. Much quicker than a standard HDD. An SSD greatly improves the overall speed and responsiveness of your whole PC. It does not affect FPS.

Back
Top Bottom