Status
Not open for further replies.

iam_not_2fast4u

Daemon Poster
can you tell me which way i should put my fas(intake exhust) heres a pic
BTW the air duct has a fan at the top, makes it easyer to get it air out
computer2s.jpg

cmputer3s.jpg

hey i hae that same case....aspire x-dreamer? anyways, i put two 80mm intake fans up front and a 120mm exhaust in the back. get some really quiet 80mm fans though because those spots up front are rather blocked off and will make alot of noise due to restricted airflow. but you definitely need two, or hardly any air will get sucked in. do you have the intake fan on the side panel? if so, you might want to replace that with a quieter one too, it's very loud. but it is very important and gets ALOT of air to the components.

in my experience, usually, whatever side of the fan the wires are coming out from, is the direction of the air flow. you can aslo look at the shape of the fan blades and see the most efficient way for them to turn and use that to determine air flow direction.

not fan releted but couldn't you move your CD drives down one level and then jam all those power cables above your top CD drive in the space you created?

i was thinking, since we're on the topic of fan placement, would it be possible to cut out those stupid grills with the holes in them up front? cuz i'm not getting much air through them at all, and i doubt you will either (it also doesn't help that there's a LCD panel right on front of the fans too).... i'd try the dremel, but that'd mean alot of sparks. maybe just some smallish metal shears and tear some of it out. if it looks bad, it doesn't matter cuz you can't see that at all once the cover is on and the fans are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom