Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I need a PSU that will-

-Be able to be just sat on a desk and operate normally
-atleast 28" wires on ALL the connectors
-be atleast 300watts
-have 20pin Mo-Bo connector, 4 pin cpu connector, 4 pin floppy connector, atleast three-4 pin molex connectors

I have searched, but i cant find lengths on the wires anywhere.

Will a normal ATX PSU be able the just be sat on a desk, because i called around, and i was told i could buy a normal PSU, and extensions for each thing to achieve the extra length. So, i just need to know if a normal ATX PSU would just be able to sit on a desk, and have its wires go into the back of the pc, because i have a dell with a one of a kind power supply, and i need to uograde cuz its only 180w, but they dont make a PSU like it, so i will need to have one outside the case.

oh crap dude if its a dell you are problaly going to have to uy a dell PSU or a PSU adapter because dell mobos have different pin layouts on the motherboards for most motherboards so.... first find out if the pins are different than atx(they will all look the same but they will just be giving of different voltages at different pins so you could fry your motherboars if your not careful) I learned that in A+ class. But yeah you could just leave it outside if you don;t mind the extra EMI coming from it also don't forget to shield your PSU wires. yes you can lay a PSU on a deskjust be careful not to let the little kids touch it

According to what this site says http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/Power-Supply.php
normal 20 pin ATX mobo connectors are what i have, i looked at mine, and its the same as the picture.

do you know of a site that would have

-A Decent quality ATX power supply, thats atleast 400w, 20 pin mobo connector, min. two mollex 4 pin connectors, min. one 4 pin floppy connector, and one 4 pin cpu connector.
-a ATX 20 pin extension cable
-2 Mollex extension cable to hook up a HDD and DVD/CD-RW Drive
-a 4 pin cpu connector extension
-and either a mollex spliter that splits a normal mollex 4 pin into a 4 pin and a 4 pin floppy drive, or a 4 pin floppy drive extension

EDIT:Ok, i found a power supply i want at newegg, and they have some extensions i found, but theres not length.....

now that i look at mine again, it doesnt even have a wire going into pin 18, which should be a white. Will it stillwork if i use one that has this white cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom