Help me find a new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
Blah...

So I got one of these and I realized why it was so cheap :angry:

Tonight while playing SC2... I noticed my temps shot thru the roof (like 148F) and my fan was only at 10%... even after I tinkered with it, it was still running hot, and slowing the game up when it got intense.

Long story short, I want a new GPU...

1. It has to meet a 550W power supply... preferably a little less. I do have a PCI-E power hook up on it's own rail. I don't want a complete wattage hog, but a little would be alright. My CPU is my other power hog at 125W.
2. Has to be under $200
3. I prefer GeForce
4. 1GB or greater
5. Must have a good heatsink/fan(s)
6. PCI-E 2.0 x16
7. SLI ready is not a must because my MoBo does not support it.
8. GeForce GT(X) 200 series or higher.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: Specs are below.

Youre issue is the heat, not the card. The 240 is alittle wose than the 9800 series, they had 112 shaders.

You've got barely any cooling./ I'd suggest rigging up a fan to the heatsink to cool it off.

If you just have to get a new card, and want a nvidia, a gts 450, or a gtx 460 786meg. Unless you're gaming on a huge screen, 786meg is more than enough.

I'd still lok into better cooling.. have you used evga precision to boost your fan speed?

I think anything is gonna be better than a 240 and with a 550w envelope to meet in a single card solution you can have practically anything.

460 or 450 will be great cards.

I think anything is gonna be better than a 240 and with a 550w envelope to meet in a single card solution you can have practically anything.

460 or 450 will be great cards.

The 240 bisn't a bad card.... Its bassically this years 9800gt card, but Why buy a new card, if fixing the heat issue will let it work.

The 240 should play star craft okay. So unless the OP really wants a new card, 10 bucks on a better fan most likely will solve the playability.

The 240 bisn't a bad card.... Its bassically this years 9800gt card, but Why buy a new card, if fixing the heat issue will let it work.

The 240 should play star craft okay. So unless the OP really wants a new card, 10 bucks on a better fan most likely will solve the playability.

I agree but he asked for a new GPU lol. We answered.

I agree but he asked for a new GPU lol. We answered.

Yup... I know the fan is a simple fix, but I'd rather have a new card. I figured I'd get rid of this one somehow and put some good money into a nice quality GPU so I don't have this same issue in the future :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom