Help Me FINALLY Narrow This Problem Down, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one who looked at his temps? the cpu says 81 C isnt that a little LAVA MELTING WTF..? or is it all the cores added up or wrogn readings

Will someone confirm what he is saying?
I have no clue regarding normal temps for things, but it is very possible that the CPU is overheating. It IS the fastest CPU on the market, and it was installed with the regular fan that came with it. I am not sure how effecient that is, and many recommended an aftermarket fan or even water cooling.

Is this the source of my problems, possibly?

Remember that this temp was of a UNDERCLOCKED CPU. So I am assuming that if I brought the CPU up back to it's normal clock frequencies, it would be even hotter.

what case are you using, screen shot, maybe it isnt bad cooling. stock coolers do suck... ur room temps also affect ur pc

81c is waaaaay too hot for that CPU especially since it has been underclocked. I suspect you have either bad airflow in your case, an improperly mounted heatsink, improperly applied thermal paste, or a combination of those factors. I don't think it is your PSU causing the problem because I have the same PSU and it is doing just fine with my q6600 @ 3.6 GHz, 3 HDDs, oc'd GTX, etc etc.

81c is waaaaay too hot for that CPU especially since it has been underclocked. I suspect you have either bad airflow in your case, an improperly mounted heatsink, improperly applied thermal paste, or a combination of those factors. I don't think it is your PSU causing the problem because I have the same PSU and it is doing just fine with my q6600 @ 3.6 GHz, 3 HDDs, oc'd GTX, etc etc.

Just what I thought.

I guess I have to reopen the case, take out the heatsink, and check the CPU, probably should go buy some good thermal grease.

It's a real hassle, and somehow CPU modding always goes bad for me, I'll just try to be as careful as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom