buy amd 64 x2 4600+ socket 939 for $225

then sell old cpu on ebay for aprox $40
total cost $310

then i thought maybe i can do this
update to the following
ECS NFORCE570 Mobo $75
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe $220
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 667 PC2 5300 Dual Channel $195

Then sell all my older stuff i guess i can get $170 for old mobo cpu and ram on ebay
total cost of all new updates aprox $320.

Help me decide which way to go.

AMD is stopping the selling of the 939 soon, so I assume that would mean support soon after that (given the warrenty factor)

With that said I would suggest the INTEL or newer AMD AM2 setup. it'll depend on what you want out of your system and how much you have to spend, and what you use it for... those 2 companies are in a constant battle, so who knows what is going to happen next with the "next big thing" coming out

I would get a e6300 instead, is no point in the e6400. Then get a better motherboard, I will let someone lese decide the motherboard.

you dont think the extra clock speed is worth the extra $35. I also had the hardest time deciding on the motherboard. I never overclock so keeping that in mind i thought the ecs was a good choice in the $100 price range. if any body has better choices please let me know. I will be placing order soon.

lancec2c30 said:
I would get a e6300 instead, is no point in the e6400. Then get a better motherboard, I will let someone lese decide the motherboard.

well i went the intel route. the parts came in and i quickly assembled and benchmarked it using 3dmark 05. link below is screen shot of the results. tell me what you think. 3Dmark results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom