help me decide - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Default help me decide

time for a new case. i have enough chase points to redeem for a case from amazon.
my main choices are:

CM HAF 932 full
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
CM Storm Sniper mid
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KKN1-GP Black ABS Bezel, SECC Body ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
NXZT Panzerbox mid
Newegg.com - NZXT CS-NT-PANZER-B PANZERBOX Black Welded Aluminum ATX Mid Tower with Dual 190mm Fans Computer Case - Computer Cases

what do you guys think? i am partial to the HAF, i think. i like the NXZT, but the PSU placement bugs me immensely.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: help me decide

Well I am always partial to a full tower over a mid so I would go Haf no questions asked.

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 06-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

the more i look at it the more i like it.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I love the triple rad option up top.

It is on my short list with the cosmos s and a mountain mod's case for my next case if it happens soon.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 06-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

lemme look at the cosmos...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

thats pretty sick. looks like it is made specifically for H2O. i like the bigger fans in the HAF, though. i wont be water cooling unless i get a sizeable bonus from work (and i can hide enough from the wife lol)...like enough to upgrade to i7 PLUS H20. dont think that is gonna quite happen though.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

Nah I will either go to the sniper looks great or the HAF
Old 06-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagasama View Post
(and i can hide enough from the wife lol)
So I am not the only one who does that?

One day the computer fairy brought me my i7. It took my wife about two weeks to realize.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

yeah dude you are definitely not the only one. the newegg/ups fairy was visiting my house QUITE often for a couple years now. had to slow down my wife was catching on lol. she actually just asked me last night..."how much have you spent at newegg" and i was like, "sssshhhh...you dont want to know honey. go plant some flowers or something".
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast

the HAF looks like the best choice here because it will give you plenty of room to work in and airflow. the other two look like they would take up more space than they really needed too as if they were expanding width wise whereas the HAF gives more room height wise. plus it just looks cooler

Closed Thread