help me decide.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
this might sound like a dumb question considering that these 2 mobos r the latest, but do the asus P5W DH Deluxe which is 975X n the asus P5B Deluxe which is 965P support SATA 2? i'm askin this as the specs in the website don't mention anything abt SATA2 but only SATA.

ok a few quick answers.

1. Intel for the past 5 years have been full of crap and unfortunately you've fallen victim to their brainwashing. HIGH FREQUENCY IS NOT ALL IMPORTANT. the Core 2 Duo marks Intel's realisation of that fact, while the clock speed may not be all that high it is highly efficient and does far more at a lower clock speed. even if it were only a single core it is still more powerful than a Pentium 4, the fact that it is dual core is just a bonus.

2. the memory latencies are fairly irrelevant to an Intel processor using their Netburst technology. this is because the transfers between the processor>memory controller>memory already have a high latency so a little higher latency on memory is insignificant. what does matter more so is the frequency of that memory. this can help to overcome the problems caused by a high latency memory controller. therefore you should try for higher frequency memory rather than lower latency.

k dood, thanks for that info........ but what abt the 2 mobos i mentioned earlier? do those support SATA2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom