Help me choose a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to keep the price below $100. But I want to play this game my mom bought me for my birthday. I think it's called Crysis, lemme go check.

EDIT: Yeah, it's Crysis. So I should get an ATI video card then? Why? List some pros and cons please.

lol those words shouldnt even mix.:D

You don't overclock games you overclock the video card. Overclocking depends on the cards themselves but IIRC a 8800gs and 9600gso do overclock well. Crysis looked great on my stock 8800gt so even though you won't max it, you can still play it.

And what are the other parts in your computer???

You don't overclock games you overclock the video card. Overclocking depends on the cards themselves but IIRC a 8800gs and 9600gso do overclock well. Crysis looked great on my stock 8800gt so even though you won't max it, you can still play it.

And what are the other parts in your computer???

I have a Dell 20" LCD monitor and a logitech MX1100 mouse and keyboard set.

Ok. But I mean whats in the computer like what cpu, how much ram, also what version of Windows do you have? If you don't know go to Control panel and find system, it will tell you in there.
Or if its a prebuilt from a big company whats the model?

Ok. But I mean whats in the computer like what cpu, how much ram, also what version of Windows do you have? If you don't know go to Control panel and find system, it will tell you in there.
Or if its a prebuilt from a big company whats the model?

I believe it's a 1.83Ghz Core Duo 2 processor with 2GB of RAM. I'm not sure what you mean by what version of windows I have... but this is what my computer looks like:

my-mac-mini.jpg

If that is a mac mini you cant upgrade the video card. Even if you could you would have to install Windows to run Crysis since it's not compatible with OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom