Help me Build please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Ok Iv Tried Numerous times on trying to build a 1600$ gaming computer off newegg.com but Iv failed evrey time....So im asking you guys to help me out here on building a $1600 computer.

What I want in it

: Dual Core

:2 GB of ram

Oh and I plant on getting a 6800 GS or a 7800 GT if it fits into my budget so when the g80 comes out I can sell it and buy that...

Thanks any one, any help is appreaciated....Thanks..

Case

Cool looking, stays cool, nice amount of fans. Thermaltake has gotta be one of the best mid-high range case manafacturers.

Video Card

7800GT + eVGA = awesome video card.

Optical Drive

Doesn't write DVD's, but most gamers don't need to anyway. It's solid, silver (matches case) and does the job.

Hard Drive

Only 74GB of space, but you can buy a 160GB 7200RPM or larger HD in the future if your in need of lots more of space. The 10,000RPM definitely helps in gaming.

Windows XP Home

Doubt you need proffessional, and OEM is always cheaper. It's an OS ...

Opteron 165

Decent stock speeds, incredibley OCable.

550w PSU

Nice Solid Antec Truepower 2 PSU.

Motherboard

It's DFI, so it's solid and excellent for OCing. Doesn't support SLI, but SLI is hardly ever worth it

Memory

2x1GB of OCZ Gold XTC memory, really fast stuff, and capable of OCing.

Total = ~ $1500

Other components needed:

-Keyboard
-Mouse
-Speakers

wait I already have a moniter...If I cut that out do you think I could afford the 7800 GT???? btw THANKS SO MUCH :D :):)

oh yea defienetly.. but the reason he went with that vid card is because the new cores will come out soon, and you can leave trhat money for that

And speakers? If you already have a monitor and speakers, I'd advise spending the $100 on a nice keyboard and mouse (avoid wireless if you can, they tend to be a pain in the *** because they require batteries), and the other $100 on upgrading your 6800GS to a 7800GT.

So that is basically perfect for you then ...

I edited the list above, so look at that now.

EDIT: Also, do you mind posting the specs of your current monitor. If it has a poor maximum resolution (if LCD), and poor response time, your definitely going to want to upgrade it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom