Help me build my new system plz

Havik

Solid State Member
Big problems I have had with system

1. I can't shut my computer off for longer then 10 minutes because when i turn the computer back on, I will get a black screen telling me that there was problems with my start up and the only to get my computer working again is reinstalling a new fresh copy of windows 7 and loosing all of my or downloads
so, i have no choice but to leave it in sleep mode.

2. my computer is loud and seems to make a lot of heat to the point my bedroom getting really hot, I have installed aftermarket dual fans on my graphics card but, seem to not help that much.

3. recently my computer starting making a new noise, it sounds like my power supply. My system will now randomly instantly shutdown and the only to restart it is to unplug the power cord flip the switch and plug the power back in and start it up.

Anyway I only have $272 paypal and i want to shop at newegg. I am looking for the most bang for my buck! The main things I think that i need is a new powersupply, motherboard, water cooling and a good case to help with the heat. I really need help with this badly, this computer has been a big pain for over 2 years. if you can link me items that i should buy from newegg it would be very helpful.

I have tried to attach my Dxdiag but, i get this messeage
Your file of 23.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

I really like this want to buy this case but, that already puts a big hole in my budget - NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

I am not an 'expert' like some of the posters here, but if you are working with 272, I would start with the power supply first something with plenty of wattage.

Skip the new case all together.

Also, I'd consider moving the case you have to a better ventilated area. It should sit on carpet...ever.

Big problems I have had with system

1. I can't shut my computer off for longer then 10 minutes because when i turn the computer back on, I will get a black screen telling me that there was problems with my start up and the only to get my computer working again is reinstalling a new fresh copy of windows 7 and loosing all of my or downloads
so, i have no choice but to leave it in sleep mode.

2. my computer is loud and seems to make a lot of heat to the point my bedroom getting really hot, I have installed aftermarket dual fans on my graphics card but, seem to not help that much.

3. recently my computer starting making a new noise, it sounds like my power supply. My system will now randomly instantly shutdown and the only to restart it is to unplug the power cord flip the switch and plug the power back in and start it up.

Anyway I only have $272 paypal and i want to shop at newegg. I am looking for the most bang for my buck! The main things I think that i need is a new powersupply, motherboard, water cooling and a good case to help with the heat. I really need help with this badly, this computer has been a big pain for over 2 years. if you can link me items that i should buy from newegg it would be very helpful.

I have tried to attach my Dxdiag but, i get this messeage
Your file of 23.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

I really like this want to buy this case but, that already puts a big hole in my budget - NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AD750KWOHJBOX
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com
G.SKILL Value Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9S-8GBNT - Newegg.com
LEPA N Series N500-SA 500W ATX12V Power Supply - Newegg.com
Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com

307.00 total
Choose 4GB ram at 39.99 it will be 20% drop in price build cost.

or

Intel Pentium G2120 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80637G2120 - Newegg.com
MSI H61M-E33/W8 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com
G.SKILL NS Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-1333C9S-4GNS - Newegg.com
38.99 for one or 38.99x2 for a bundle price 77.99
LEPA N Series N500-SA 500W ATX12V Power Supply - Newegg.com
Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com

If you have a ATX case you can use for the time being you "MIGHT" want to hold off on buying it to afford either build.

i Already have
amd 5850 graphics card
phenom 2 x 4 965 black ed

i tried to upload my dxdiag but, this forum said my file is to big

I think the main problem is my motherboard and power supply that is giveing me issuses

i need a really good mother for the processor i already have
what to you think of these 2
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com
MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

power i was thining great deal right now 50% off with coupon
Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-750 750W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Either the MSI or this ASRock for the motherboard.
Newegg.com - ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

This PSU over the Rosewill.
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

What cooling do you have currently? The stock cooler for my 955 ran it well, so if you're overclocking you need to drop it back to stock. If that is having issues, you don't need water to reduce temps. Just buy a CM 212 EVO. Should drop load temps about 15c.

Simply upgrading your case won't help with cooling really, as airflow is more dependent on the fans you have to improve the air speed or static pressure. So what case do you have? If it is an mATX you can start off with a Corsair 200r which is a cheap efficient case to go full ATX for the new motherboard.

Either the MSI or this ASRock for the motherboard.
Newegg.com - ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

What cooling do you have currently? The stock cooler for my 955 ran it well, so if you're overclocking you need to drop it back to stock. If that is having issues, you don't need water to reduce temps. Just buy a CM 212 EVO. Should drop load temps about 15c.

Simply upgrading your case won't help with cooling really, as airflow is more dependent on the fans you have to improve the air speed or static pressure. So what case do you have? If it is an mATX you can start off with a Corsair 200r which is a cheap efficient case to go full ATX for the new motherboard.

Not bad, but I think he could do abit more better with these.
Newegg.com - MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) AM3+ AMD 760G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GZ-G2 puls GZ-G2SGB Black ABS / Mesh/ 0.6 mm SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa 92mm FSB (Fluid Shield Bearing) Powerful Cooling Performance CPU Cooler - Newegg.com

ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram - Newegg.com

Please keep in mind out of the 4 products I chose I own 2 of them.
The motherboard you see has 2 different revision models, that one I have.
Been stable for a year and barely makes a peep it is good on OC and UC within the bios page very nice with ram settings if the voltages are good.
The heatsink I recommend personally he gets with the grease applaied "Artic Cooling" hasn't given me a single problem unlike tuniq x2 or x4 has recently.
That case yes I know its not 5 star "sue me later", but I think he would get some good airflow going through the side and front in.

Only thing that has me worried about his situation is how hot does the room get all year ?
You could have the best case best fans and it wont mean jack**** if the room gets to abit too humid, especially for a amd machine. :/
I recommend for his room/office he keeps a small fan on, put it on low and keep the room ventalated dust free...
Heatup freeze up and your computer crashes should be eliminated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom