Help Me build a Decent Gaming Computer

MrGlasses

Solid State Member
So right now I have a crappy computer that cant play games worth its life so I need to buy and build a computer that can run games. Now I dont know anything about computers and how things work much less on how to build one(which i can find out online how to build it) but like i said i want to be able to play games. now Id much prefer things to be as cheap as possible. So if it came down to buying used products i would. But can someone give me a list of what i would need to build a solid gaming PC and where i can buy them online? It doesn't have to be outstanding just well enough to run these games:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ( i want to be able to run as many mods as i can without crashing, if possible.)
2. Elder Scrolls Online
3. World Of Warcraft

So i need to be able to hit at least 30-40 FPS. Minimum 20-25.

Before we can really get into a build we need a budget to work with, How much are you willing to spend on it and what do you already have such as monitor and anything else that you would want to use with the system. The biggest thing for gaming will be the video card and there is a wide range of cards but we need the budget to work wth.

Dauntae

I dont have anything for a desktop. the computer i do have is a lenovo laptop thats slow(2gb ram, 1.80GHz cpu, on-board graphics slow) and not worth upgrading. i dont have a budget in mind im just looking for a cheap way to make a computer that can run games with decent FPS. If I said 300 was my budget it would be kind of silly cause i know gaming computers are much more expensive then that. but im not looking to blow off thousands of dollars to build one either. If i can stay away from even 1000 dollars that would be great. I just want to play games at a decent rate, fps and less lag as i can with cheap parts.

If you're anyhting like me you will fall in love with high framerates.. its so great its def worth spending a little more to make the machine both last longer and work more efficiently

I dont have anything for a desktop. the computer i do have is a lenovo laptop thats slow(2gb ram, 1.80GHz cpu, on-board graphics slow) and not worth upgrading. i dont have a budget in mind im just looking for a cheap way to make a computer that can run games with decent FPS. If I said 300 was my budget it would be kind of silly cause i know gaming computers are much more expensive then that. but im not looking to blow off thousands of dollars to build one either. If i can stay away from even 1000 dollars that would be great. I just want to play games at a decent rate, fps and less lag as i can with cheap parts.
You're not really helping. You can build a computer for 450, 650, 700, 800, ect ect with various degrees of performance. It's only up to what you want to pay. So right now, I'll set the budget around 700. Here you go.

Intel Core i5-4440 Haswell Quad-Core 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54440 - Newegg.com
ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - Newegg.com
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100373L Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com
CORSAIR CX series CX500 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com
NZXT Source 210 S210-001 Black SECC Steel, ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems - Newegg.com

Now if you want to drop that to around 575 here you go.
Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646G3258 - Newegg.com
EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 FTW w/ ACX Cooling Video Card - Newegg.com

Yes, that will be a good deal drop in performance.

Back
Top Bottom