Help Me Build the Best $1200 Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
well usually i play games as the only open program running withh minimal background apps, so i think 1gb should last you a while, but if the smart people say that it'll increase your performance, and if you have the $ go for it.

Mabye I should get a $30 sound card, $30 speakers and get 1gb of 100$ corsair xms memory instead of the just 2gb of RAM. I think that wold be better since ram price is constanly falling and it is so easy to upgrade but so is sound card and speakers. What do you guys think.

I think that you should go with 2GB of RAM. The $30 sound card wont be much of an improvement over the onboard.

Ya but I hear just adding and sound card whether it be sucky or not will add 10-15 FPS because the load it is taking of the CPU. Plus I hear there are some decent 30 dollar sound cards.

2GB. The sound card will NOT boost the fps by a noticable amount. The audio processing requires such a minimal amount of the system resources that it will not really hurt performance by using the onboard. If you want extra EAX effects and the like, then a sound card will help.

The main reason I was getting the sound card was not to boost FPS It was just a bonus. But I think I wil stick with the 2GB though. I was thinken about it and if I was going to upgrade the RAM latter on I would have to get a single stick of 1GB now because 512x4 sucks. And dual channel can increase your performance so geting a single stick of 1GB would be bad. With the sound card and speakers I could just pop thosein later.

When is the next generation of the Nvidia cards and the AM2 chip coming out. I think I will wait till then to buy. That way I will either buy an AM2 chip or buy the now lower priced Opty 165 or a chip that is in the 300 dollar range that was higher before. Same thing with the video card. What kind of price cuts could we see on the 939 and the video cards nearly as soon as the AM2 and the next gen Nvideo comes out.

Exactly my question man, on about 11 posts around this forum...Seems like a good deal could be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom