help me build

Status
Not open for further replies.

infamouspdp

Beta member
i need advice on choosing components for a pc build.it's not gonna be a gamer,but if i chose to game it would be nice to be able to.i keep alot of music files and movie/videos,so pretty good acess time would be a plus as well as space of course.i'm pretty certain i want to go with an amd x2 cpu and 1 or 2 gigs dual channel of ram.everthing else is pretty much up in the air.i will be watching movies/video,burning alot,photos,and word processing.heavy emphasis on burning.i don't have to have the top-of-the-line for everything.i'm trying to get things that won't be outdated too soon.any help would be great!not real sure about budget at this time.

Get an opty 165 (then oc it) , a 7900gt, 1gb (2x 512mb in dual channel), Maybe a 10k raptor + a 7.2k storage drive.

Then just what ever else you want.

unless you are a hardcore computer techie then getting a raptor wont be worth it to you

go with a system like this: asus a8n deluxe, 1gig corsair, evga 7600gt or evga 6800gt, 2x160 or 2x200gig hard drives(one for OS and apps, the other one for mp3's and files), amd x2 3800+(if not 3800 then go right to the 4400, 4000&4200 arent worth it since the 3800 can OC to their speed), Antec or Enermax 550-700watt psu

you might want to look into a soundcard as well ( creative sound blaster audigy is fine) if you really want high quality sound

if you get a cd drive with lightscribe technology it might be worth it to you :) cool covers with lazer ingraving

lite-on and BenQ makes good cd/dvd burning drives

infamouspdp said:
i need advice on choosing components for a pc build.it's not gonna be a gamer,but if i chose to game it would be nice to be able to.i keep alot of music files and movie/videos,so pretty good acess time would be a plus as well as space of course.i'm pretty certain i want to go with an amd x2 cpu and 1 or 2 gigs dual channel of ram.everthing else is pretty much up in the air.i will be watching movies/video,burning alot,photos,and word processing.heavy emphasis on burning.i don't have to have the top-of-the-line for everything.i'm trying to get things that won't be outdated too soon.any help would be great!not real sure about budget at this time.

Welcome to TF :)

This is what I would get.

X2 4400 2.2 GHz

2x 500 GB HD's in RAID :D (Hey you said you were burning DVD's and watching movies)

eVGA 7900 GT (so you wont have to upgrade..for awhile)

MSI KN8 Neo4 Platnium Motherboard

2GB Corsair Valuselect

COOLMASTER Stacker case

6 DVD RW drives :D

Antec Trupower 550

couple case fans, some as5, and BAM!

i was supplying a budget solution hahahahaha

if you have like 2000+ to blow go with anthrax except with a 700watt psu

you would be runnign **** **** **** and 2x500 gig is unnessesary

nobody is gonna fill that up :)

thus DVD burning
you burn disks
you watch it like a dvd

its up to him. i wouldnt buy that many because im a cheap mofo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom