Help me with a $600 build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the socket on the mobo and cpu have to match so you are right proto.

Id say get the board proto recommended but id say get an e8400 and upgrade in the future later on.

Would this be a better choice?

Keep in mind I don't have any plans to overclock, perhaps in the future...

Oh also;

WinXP or Vista?

2gb or 4gb of RAM?

I'm very close to my budget as it is, so I don't know if I should go with 2GB to start with then upgrade soon, or not waste my money and just go straight to 4gb.

Would this be a better choice?

Keep in mind I don't have any plans to overclock, perhaps in the future...

Oh also;

WinXP or Vista?

2gb or 4gb of RAM?

I'm very close to my budget as it is, so I don't know if I should go with 2GB to start with then upgrade soon, or not waste my money and just go straight to 4gb.

show me what you have right now and what ur missing

if your not ocing and are going to upgrade the cpu in a year or so then the e8400 would be a better choice because it will perform better then a q6600 at stock right seeing as no games utilize all 4 cores.

since your not ocing you can get the a-data ram...i have hear a few good things about it...well it is better then buffalo and Kingston IMO.

so other then that everything looks good....it should be a great little budget build =D

if your not ocing and are going to upgrade the cpu in a year or so then the e8400 would be a better choice because it will perform better then a q6600 at stock right seeing as no games utilize all 4 cores.

since your not ocing you can get the a-data ram...i have hear a few good things about it...well it is better then buffalo and Kingston IMO.

so other then that everything looks good....it should be a great little budget build =D

Alright, thanks a lot for the help!

And thank you to Proto and everyone else who helped.

One last question: Looking at my parts (specifically mobo and vid card) do I need a full tower? I like my options and prices for the mid-towers and would prefer to buy a mid IF I can fit my parts in one.

Any comments here?

Oh and no one has commented on the WinXP VS Vista problem I'm having :D

those parts will all fit in a standard mid tower case...well i can't guarantee it but it is very unlikely that they wouldn't.

Since your getting 4gb of ram then you need a 64bit os...id say just get vista home premium 64bit..ultimate is a waste.

Yah. The RAM depends on if you are going to have a 32 or 64 bit OS. If you plan on just using regular 32 bit Windows XP, then the 4GB is a waste, and Windows will only recognize 3 of it. Up to you.

I thought you said you just had $600.. how tf did you manage a q6600 in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom