First of all, hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this thread.
Some of you may remember me when I posted a few days ago about having trouble running WoW on a laptop. Well I've given up on that and decided to go ahead with building a gaming rig.
The budget I am setting myself is $600
(not including a monitor or mouse, includes case). And I'm here looking for YOUR help/criticism on my build. I have little knowledge about gaming computers but I am a fast learner and have already learned a lot by trolling around for the week or so.
I will primarily be gaming on this computer. I would say about 80% of my time spent will be gaming, the other 20% general multi-tasking.
Right now my main questions have to do with processor/motherboard/video card combinations. For example, I'm struggling to figure out the best type of processor for my needs.
I'm told by friends that AMD 64's are the best for gaming and for my price range. But I've lately heard a lot of talk about dual-core and the like.
This leads me to my next problem. As I am on a $600 budget, I'm not sure what component (mobo, video card, proccessor) I can skimp out on a little bit
, and what part I need to spend more on. Any advice here?
If anyone would like to post a starter build or maybe just get me started with a processor/mobo combination or something like that, that would be awesome!
Thanks a lot!
P.S. If ABSOLUTELY necessary, price is flexible by a maximum of $50.
EDIT: I also forgot to add I will not
be overclocking on this rig.