Help making a build for a gaming rig around $800-$1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't buy that crap TigerDirect is offering, the Ultra Power Supply is one of the worst products on the planet. Don't buy the Corsair Vengeance Memory I have a kit, the heatsinks are cheaply made and there just to tall (they interfere with a lot of heatsinks). Buy a set of G.Skill instead. And 6GB is out of the question, the memory controller for the i5 2500 and i7 2600 (K or non K models) is a dual channel controller which means it optimal configuration is in sets of two modules. 2GB (2x1GB), 4GB (2x2GB), 8GB (2x4GB) or you can double up with 4GB (4x1GB), 8GB (4x2GB) or 16GB(4x4GB).

On your budget I would go with these
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

What Yerfdog said, try going the AMD path. its easier to fit what you want, and is very up to date. the x4 955 is already very good. i do hardcore gaming with a Phenom II x2 555 OCd to 4Ghz. its more than enough. and i have an out of date graphics card, but it can handle most loads, its a 5850. the 6000 series are much cheaper and can run much more than my 5850.

just givin some options. i think intel is too expensive for what they give. but thats just me.

Don't buy the Corsair Vengeance Memory I have a kit, the heatsinks are cheaply made and there just to tall (they interfere with a lot of heatsinks).
I have to agree there - I also got a kit, and I was surprised how light and... plasticky the heatsinks are. The height wasn't a problem for me but it quite easily could have been, they really shouldn't be as big as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom