Help with low budget barebone kit

I'm looking for something low budget that I could upgrade later. I have HDDs, GPUs and RAM, so all I'm really looking for is a MOBO, PSU and a CPU. I want to keep it below $300-400 or lower. So far I'm looking at Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! and Buy the AMD X3 450/MSI 760G MB/450W PSU/CS Barebones at TigerDirect.ca

So your telling us your minimum budget is 300-400 bucks right ?
Newegg.ca - AMD FX-4300 Vishera 3.8GHz (4.0GHz) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4300WMHKBOX
Newegg.ca - Crucial Ballistix 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0
Newegg.ca - MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.ca - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply - Intel Haswell Fully Compatible

Grand total price is 345.99, this build would beat both of the links youw eere staring at.

All 4 of those companys have a good reputaion, if it breaks and your not at fault..
Call the company for rma service and they will replace it under your warrenty no problems

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186038
This is optional down the road when you get some more cash.
I recommend that for that quadcore if you plan on having at 3.8ghz
You could underclock it in bios to 3.6ghz and it will still play anything or work as hard if not better than my fx4100.

Last edited:
That's why I'm trying to keep it cheap. I already have RAM, HDDs and GPUS. FYI I am terrified of the Micro ATX.( I used an ATX to Micro ATX adapter and my MOBO died)

Its description says Micro ATX, but in the images it shows a regular 24 Pin ATX input. Are they just referring to the size of the MOBO or the actual input?

It's possible to build a computer under $100 nowadays. The only thing I'd sink a lot of money in for right now is the motherboard, so that way upgrades are possible in the near future. PSU you can make do with a 400-500w for now, and a CPU would be based on the socket in the motherboard. Just try to get the lowest end CPU that fits for now, and the computer will be atleast running until you can get some upgrades.

In my opinion, I'd shoot for a mobo with the LGA1150 or LGA1155 sockets. The best CPUs on the market use those so if you want to eventually get a quad-core i7 go for it!

FYI I am terrified of the Micro ATX.( I used an ATX to Micro ATX adapter and my MOBO died)

Back up, did you just say **** you idiot ? o0
I came here to give you a hand with your build the least you can do is be glad I'm going out of my way to help.
Since you want to be like that, you handle building the machine with somebody else on tf.

Have a good christmas.

Back up, did you just say **** you idiot ? o0
I came here to give you a hand with your build the least you can do is be glad I'm going out of my way to help.
Since you want to be like that, you handle building the machine with somebody else on tf.

Have a good christmas.

Who told you to **** off? I think you're taking it a little too personal. The forum is still active, not complete. I'd prefer not to have immature techies help me. Stop jumping to conclusions.

That's why I'm trying to keep it cheap. I already have RAM, HDDs and GPUS. FYI I am terrified of the Micro ATX.( I used an ATX to Micro ATX adapter and my MOBO died)

Its description says Micro ATX, but in the images it shows a regular 24 Pin ATX input. Are they just referring to the size of the MOBO or the actual input?
mATX refers to the size of the board as being micro. If you used any kind of adapter on the 24pin PSU power input then that would be the cause of the fried board. You shouldn't need to use any form of adapter.

Back
Top Bottom