Help with little brothers build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbinnerarity

Baseband Member
Ok. My brother has recently stated that he would like his own computer. After many discussions, we decided that building one for what he wanted would be a lot cheaper than just buying one at say bestbuy (just example). Anyways, since u guys know sooo much about this, I figured you could get him his best bang for the buck. Heres what he will use it for.

His budget would like to be about around $700 (800 max). Not counting mouse keyboard, speakers, and monitor.

He will use it for some gaming, school, music, and other daily activities.

Anything else just ask. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys would help out. Thanks!:D

any of you tried windows 7? I really dont feel like doing all of that. And if i choose to. What will happen to my Vista?

many people have tried windows 7 with great success, including me. it has the the low system resource needs of xp with all the cool features in vista plus more. it is free until june of next year (2010)

what do you mean what will happen to your vista? you would be installing win 7 onto the new pc. you dont have to install it on your current one if you dont want to, although it is significantly better.

as for the ram, i have read a few times on these forums that the pi blacks are only really good for OCing. the combo with the gpu/ram has great ram with really good timings and you get a discount for buying with that gpu.

edit: also, if you manage to send all the rebates, you get $45 back which would make the total cost around $712 after the rebates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom