Help getting a laptop.... which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say either the compusa one or the ibuypower one. Similarly specced, I'd recommend getting whatever one was cheaper.

I like that Dell E1705, just configured 2 of those for people in the past few weeks.

Upgrade to;

* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 2.00GHz.
* Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition (Free).
* 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS

And it comes out to $1468.

The processor will give you the necessary power to deal with any amount of multitasking that you can throw at it (Its like an Athlon 64 5000+).

The Vista upgrade is free, so why not, just save $160 right there.

And the videocard is powerful enough to run even the latest games smoothly, so Starcraft and Warcraft III should be absolutely no problem.

Its a 17" screen too, so it'll be an excellent desktop replacement for college. I plan to get something like this as well in a year or so when I go there. :)

Vista upgrade is free for all computers preconfigured with XP Media/Pro.....
I'm not a big fan of Dells but their high end notebooks seem fine. They do tend to run kinda hot, though..

Yeah - all pre-built computers, lol. I'll have to spend $160 to upgrade to Vista Home Premium. I was just saying that he should pick the option, as it is disabled by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom