Help with Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starking

Beta member
Hey guys this is my first gaming computer and I have pick out everything I need. I'm trying to go for a intel build with a budget of about $1000.

Case:AntecNine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case
MotherBoard: MSIP67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX IntelMotherboard
Processor:IntelCore i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95WQuad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
HardDrive: WesternDigital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
OpticalDrive: ASUSDRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Memory:G.SKILLRipjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
VideoCard: EVGASuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bitGDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
Keyboard:MicrosoftSIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

I already have a 750w crossair so I think that should be enough. I've been doing a good amount of research for this build. Any good feedback is welcome. I plan on playing recent games like BF3 and so on. I don't really plan on overclocking but I might want to in the future. I'm a fan of nividea so I would like to stay with one of their GPU's, unless otherwise convinced. Thanks for any adive

ive done a lot of research on the mother board you chose, its a really good board, you wouldnt have any problems with it...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE *DO NOT* get the Antec 300 Case... its absolute garbage... here are MUCH better cases for less or the same price...

MY current Favorite case, has good cable management, can house up to 7 fans, black interior, USB 3.0 front I/O mother board header and you can get it black or white, it is a clean minimalsitic and performance oriented case:

NZXT Source 210
Newegg.com - NZXT Source 210 S210-001 Black “Aluminum Brush / Plastic” ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

my old favorite case before the Source came out is the
NZXT Gamma
Newegg.com - NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

this is baisically a NZXT Gamma with a side window,
NZXT M59
Newegg.com - NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Anyone of those cases wil destroy the Antec 300...

also, the i5 2500k processors love being overclocked so much, it would be foolish not to overclock it, especially with how EASY it is to over clock them nowadays. so defiantly get a CPU Cooler, you can get a good 30%-40% more performance out of your processor. this is the all time best bang for your buck CPU cooler, with this cooler you can reach 4.4-4.5ghz with ease

Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom