Help first time building a computer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Unhappy Help first time building a computer

Hello, I'm planning to build a pc basically for gamind and Graphic designing.
I'm a 18 year old man who is going to study product design, I'm not really sure which programs I'm going to use, and I'm kinda heavy gamer, I play never winter, wow, perfect world, maple story... I know they aren't really heavy graphic wise games but I'd like to not have any trouble with my gaming or my designing any limitation, my budget is about 2,000 dollars (If you can find it in Mexican pesos that'd be grat) I plan to spend the whole budget, please help me what should I get and if there's a guide on how to build it that would be really great.
Ty in advance for your help and I really apologise for my bad english but I'm mexican please forgive me

miel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Help first time building a computer

Is this something you're saving for, or do you have your budget now?

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Is this something you're saving for, or do you have your budget now?
I have it now but I can wait for about a month
Old 03-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Well we need to establish a solid base of usage. Your games don't really require an expensive graphics card....at all really. Graphics design, that's another story. It really depends heavily on what software you use what the best card is to recommend. I recommend building a solid base for a PC now with a run of the mill card that can easily handle the games you listed while you save your cash for a better card when you fully know what software you will be using.

It also helps to know what sites will ship to Mexico so I can link parts for you.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Well we need to establish a solid base of usage. Your games don't really require an expensive graphics card....at all really. Graphics design, that's another story. It really depends heavily on what software you use what the best card is to recommend. I recommend building a solid base for a PC now with a run of the mill card that can easily handle the games you listed while you save your cash for a better card when you fully know what software you will be using.

It also helps to know what sites will ship to Mexico so I can link parts for you.
Well I really don't know how to build a pic or what is needed that's why I came here, I'm planning to spend all my budget on the pic but I'd what to spend it on I'm going to study graphic design and don't really know which programs I might use
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by miel12 View Post
Well I really don't know how to build a pic or what is needed that's why I came here, I'm planning to spend all my budget on the pic but I'd what to spend it on I'm going to study graphic design and don't really know which programs I might use
The school you're planning on attending should have requirements as to what programs you'll be using. If they don't have them listed, then you should be able to contact the Graphic Design department and ask what will be used in courses.

Most likely the Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).

As for actually building the PC... it's very easy. I always tell people, if you can put together a simple puzzle, you can put together a PC. Everything fits in 1 way, and there's tons of videos/guides all over.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

But could you help me to select what should I use like which mother board,which ram and how much of ram and that I really don't know what is compatible with what and that stuff :'(
Old 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Private Joker

Yes, we can help with that. I'm sure that's what PP is doing at this moment (piecing together you a build, as he's are "resident expert" at builds for people).

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Build Guru

We can link you to videos that fully show you how to build a PC and I'm here to help you with the parts. Just need more of a direction.

Also, need a website that will ship to Mexico so we can link you parts you can actually order.

To anybody else who wants to help I'll be gone most of the day without net. I'm thinking:
ASRock Extreme6 X79
Corsair AX650
16-32GB of RAM
Whatever case
? GPU right now.
SSD+HDD combo (EVO)

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Having a little trouble searching even with translating the pages LOL But found a list of stores for mexico. All in Mexican pesos so the pricing is really tough

Venta en linea de equipo de computo, equipo de seguridad, toner, camaras cctv, laptops, tablets, camaras mini domo <---- This is a Fry's / Tiger Direct type store but they do sell PC parts
PCDomino.com : Tienda de Computadoras en Internet
Computadoras, Accesorios, Perifericos y mucho m?s, discos duros, linksys, plantronics, laptop, memoria ram, procesadores AMD e INTEL en PC M?xico
DIGITALIFE, Te Distingue
Dimercom Store - tu tienda de computo online - <--- sells lots of gaming specific and overclocking components
Pcdigital, tu tienda de c&oacutemputo en l&iacutenea
PCX ‚Äď Venta de Computadoras, Partes y Accesorios para Worsktation, Laptop y PC en L√*nea. - PCX
TuNuevaPC.com

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget build, building, first build, help building computer, noob problems