Help finding parts for building a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I think you'll have more performance on games with an i7 920/930 build. The games that take advantage of multiple cores usually only use two cores.

oh for sure but an i7 build would cost $300 more just cause of the X58 mobo, the more expensive processor and a tripple channel kit of ram... the build i put together will be able to play any game at high settings handily... for what he wants and his price range, its perfect.

His budget is $1200. I may be mistaken but I think you can get a i7 build with that budget. I'm at work now but I'll try to make one when I get home.

I chose the Asus sabertooth because this is one of the newest motherboards that ASUS has come out with, and seems to come very well equipped for the cost, and this is a very good combo deal with a better than i7 920/930 cpu, and a good case.
Intel i7 950, ASUS Sabertooth SATA 6GB/s USB 3.0, and Antec P183 ATX mid-tower case. $574.99

I chose this because the PSU/1.5TB HDD is only $9 more than the same PSU and a 500GB HDD. $9 for 1TB more, I think it's worth it.
Corsair 750tx and WD Caviar Black 1.5TB 7200RPM $189.98

Although if a Corsair 650w would be enough for this system, then this would be a MUCH better combo to get. Its a 6GB/s WD Black 1TB HDD and its $30 cheaper
Corsair 650tx and WD Black 1TB 6GB/s HDD $159.98

G.Skill 3x2GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24 149.99

XFX Radeon HD 5850 1GB 279.99

That brings you to $1204.95 (-$20 MIR, -$10 MIR) with the 750w PSU or $1164.95 (-$30 MIR, -$10 Mir) with the 650w PSU. And the only other thing would be an optical drive, and if that is still too expensive, you could drop down to the HD 5830. (I'm not current with Nvidia cards so there may be one to better suit this build.)

that is a good build, im not familiar with that case but i know you can get a CM HAF 922 for like under 100 now so its just something to think about if you dont wanna get that case he mentioned

i kept it at around $1000 beacuse he said he didnt really want to spend more than that, and the build i put together for him will alrady be able to play any game at max settings and resolution... but nice build no doubt, he can decide which he wants to go with.

he also said he wanted an AMD and ATI build... but he can choose what he wants i suppose.

He said he wants to spend $1200 max on the build that's why I mentioned a i7 build.
And yes, he said he wanted a amd build but I think it's worth mentioning that he will be better served with a i7 build for games.

Nice build apsoul ;)

He said he wants to spend $1200 max on the build that's why I mentioned a i7 build.
And yes, he said he wanted a amd build but I think it's worth mentioning that he will be better served with a i7 build for games.

Nice build apsoul ;)

Tbh, there isn't much of a difference in games between an i7 and A Phenom II (Depending on model) Maybe a few FPS max. It's all mainly GPU Related. The build Sean put together is great, Overall I also think it's the best system and will last the OP for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom