Help! Fans Come On, No Post, No Screen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you get no beeps and no visual output onto the monitor but lights and fans turn on?? that sounds like a graphics problem to me
when you took the RAM out you got three beeps because you took the RAM out
when you put it back in you got no beeps, this indicates to me that there is (should be) nothing wrong with the RAM

yeah i think it could be the graphics.
the rest of the system sound like its working and i got the graphics from a friend for cheap, he wouldnt rip us off, but maybe because its been sitting in a box for a while its dead?
no one i know has pci-e card, i have to buy a new one? if i take the video card out should the system beep?

KMOTE said:
so you get no beeps and no visual output onto the monitor but lights and fans turn on?? that sounds like a graphics problem to me
when you took the RAM out you got three beeps because you took the RAM out
when you put it back in you got no beeps, this indicates to me that there is (should be) nothing wrong with the RAM

hey, thats the same thing I said :p
If you see somewhere that needs a jumper, you could always make one. All you need is a piece of metal to connect both pins that need to be jumpered.

ive found a jumper off an old mobo, still nothing.
ive booted with no cpu still nothing, no beeps no video, booted with cpu and the same.

a plastic thing of an old mobo, and cleared the cmos on my motherboard.
im going to get a GFX card from pc world then see if it works, if it dont i will return it, hopefully they will take it back

i know what a jumper is lol
i was just struggling to think where you would use that jumper
dont go to PC World, they will overcharge you for some rubbish from their tiny selection of tat
test to make sure that it is not just the monitor and then get your friend to refund you the money you gave him

i will try a diff monitor if that dont work i will go to pc world and get a £30 pci-e card. i cant goto the friend cuz im not totally sure its the card.
it could still be the RAM or mobo.
this is so hard, it was meant to be easy.
thanks for your help, i will report back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom