Help choosing video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crofalcon

Solid State Member
I'm about to get a new video card next week, and i'm just swamped with loads of different manufacturers and models that are all about the same price, and don't really understand the pros and cons of them.

So anyway, I've narrowed it down to these few:

- Gigabyte GTX 260 Super Overclock Series, 896Mb GDDR3 448bit, Core Clock : 680MHz, DVI+VGA+HDMI, PCI-X 2.0
(price 1350 kn)

- Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X, 1GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual DVI+HDTV out (price 1450 kn)

- Sapphire HD 4890 OC, 1GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual DVI+HDTV out
(price 1500 kn)

- MSI N275GTX TwinFrozr OC,896 DDR3,448bit
(price 1400 kn)

I've been looking at some performance charts and on some tests one is better, on others another one is.
Which one do you think I should get? Using this PC for gaming.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If it's not a problem could someone try and couple it up with a good enough PSU required for the card, because I think I'll have to change that aswell :S Won't have much money left after buying the card so need something just about right to be supplying this.

Never spend the money on a factory overclocked video card because it's not worth the extra money for something you can do yourself in 5 minutes ( or less, depends how much you test while doing it )

if you don't mind me asking, what currency and website are you using so I can try to compare prices and help you with your choice?

I tried googling, and it appears that that is Croatian currency, not 100% sure though. And if thats the case, those cards are quite expensive. $297 for a 4890; nearly twice as much as the states. I do expect that other countries will have higher prices than the US, but not by that much.. (unless of course i'm wrong about it being croatian currency :D)

So i guess i'll base my judgement on the difference in prices.

The 260 is overpriced. The 275 is okay, but for $10 more you get a 4890 and for another $10 you get the factory OC 4890. So, i would go with one of the 4890s. Good luck.

So I guess I should go for Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X, 1GB GDDR5 256bit?
Its even got better cooling if I'd OC it myself.

The currency is Croatian Kuna , Kn or HRKN and the site is on croatian aswell, but I guess you can compare the prices atleast -
PCI express , Acquisitum Magnum d.o.o.
just click on either ATI or Nvidia below the "pci express" to get a list view instead of that thumbnail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom