Help to choose monitor... for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
pssssssstttttttt

contrast ratio doesn't mean anything

since there is no industry standard

some manufactures turn up all the settings to their max and then dim the bulb to take their contrast ratio measurements

I would consider the monitor as un-usable when it's turned all the way up/ or all the way down

in this case
LG specify 2ms grey to grey
Samsung didn't specify, could be white to black for all i know

so..... in this specific case.... response time can't be compared either

your best bet when shopping for monitors is to go down to local store to look at them personally
then order online if it's cheaper

your best bet when shopping for monitors is to go down to local store to look at them personally

+1. I always do this for monitors or TV's. I've seen monitors that claim like 3000:1 contrast ratio look worse than one claiming 1000:1. But if you see the monitor for yourself, and it looks good, the specs don't really matter.

most manufacturer's that say they have 2ms reponse time is the grey to grey.....which is really a 5ms response time....which is ok for gaming....no problem what so ever....

I would personally go for the Samsung myself....but either one would work just fine for gaming.

pssssssstttttttt

contrast ratio doesn't mean anything

since there is no industry standard

some manufactures turn up all the settings to their max and then dim the bulb to take their contrast ratio measurements

I would consider the monitor as un-usable when it's turned all the way up/ or all the way down

in this case
LG specify 2ms grey to grey
Samsung didn't specify, could be white to black for all i know

so..... in this specific case.... response time can't be compared either

I would go with all of this but even if you go to see them in a shop, it can be difficult because the shop will often have their demo units set unreasonably high so that the picture still "pops" in the bright lights.

I would imagine either would be fine but I would go for the Samsung first.

even if they both said 2ms that can not accurately be compared,as all panels handle response times differently, a 5ms monitor could have no ghosting at all and a 2ms could, it all depends on the monitor. In this case i would go with the samsung as i prefer them as a brand in general. But read reviews online for both monitors, and other models as well. Get your best bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom