Help Building A Good Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
MurdaX said:
Well guess I think I will just stay on the AMD boat cause AMD is sure to come out with something to wow everybody. So in other words what do you think about the other specification guys.

So you're willing to spend more for less performance? That doesn't sound like a very good plan, but hey, some people are just that stubborn...

EDIT: Also, looks like Newegg just labeled the E6600 the first customer choice Best Processor Award, but ya, that AMD 5000+ still looks like a good choice :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why are people always falling for the speed trap with Intel, cause that is what I really think that Intel is doing. And why I choose to stay with AMD no matter how much boat is taking in water at the moment. Any why do you see any other thing in the specifications that needs to be changed or could be upgraded while staying in my $1300 budget.

MurdaX said:
Why are people always falling for the speed trap with Intel, cause that is what I really think that Intel is doing. And why I choose to stay with AMD no matter how much boat is taking in water at the moment. Any why do you see any other thing in the specifications that needs to be changed or could be upgraded while staying in my $1300 budget.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, your posts make it very apparent. What is this "speed trap" you're talking about? If you mean more performance for less money, then ya, I guess I fell for that one, man I'm an idiot!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're the most uninformed, ignorant person I've seen on this forum.

What do you mean I am the most uninformed person on this site. Duded I am entitled to my opinion, and I think that Intel are speed traps for people. Because the more powerful processor does not unnecessarily mean the best processor. Cause AMD has proven this to use more than one time. But I will give Intel the fact that the E6600 has surpass the 5000+Windsor. So as I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what you said before about me being the most ignorant person was just uncalled for

MurdaX said:
What do you mean I am the most uninformed person on this site. Duded I am entitled to my opinion, and I think that Intel are speed traps for people. Because the more powerful processor does not unnecessarily mean the best processor. Cause AMD has proven this to use more than one time. But I will give Intel the fact that the E6600 has surpass the 5000+Windsor. So as I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what you said before about me being the most ignorant person was just uncalled for

okay.. you have e6300's and 6400's competing with 4800's... so why would you not get it, its like 200 dollars.. why would you not go for it.... and not only that, your going for a windsor.. only half the cache, why not at least go for a 4800 to save money..

MurdaX said:

Wtf is this "speed trap" you're talking about?!!?!?!? That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but things to sway opinions are called "facts", something you seem to be completely oblivious of. What are you talking about the more powerful processor doesn't mean it's the better one???? Conroes can be clocked higher and the CPU's can carry out more instructions per cycle, WHICH MAKES IT BETTER. It's obvious you do not understand computer hardware whatsoever which is sad since you're a third year computer programming student (probably not a very good one since you don't take advice very well) and you would think you would know at least a little bit about CPUs and their speed with all of the compiling you would need to do.

The fact that you're going with the 5000+ even when you just admitted the E6600 is better than it makes you the biggest ignorant AMD fanboy ever. Congratulations.

KingAustin said:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, your posts make it very apparent. What is this "speed trap" you're talking about? If you mean more performance for less money, then ya, I guess I fell for that one, man I'm an idiot!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Talldude123 verus murdaX for the belt.

KingAustin said:

dude, lighten up. i think what he is saying is that faster speed is not the total of a system...not like hammering on intel. i.e. you could have e6600 and crappy ram and what do you have then? the sum is the whole of the parts (did i get that right, lol) kinda thing.

it's his money. it's not like he's saying, "i'm gonna build this computer and YOU HAVE TO USE IT". he's going to take the time to build it, and he's going to use it.
if he wants amd, let him get amd. his mind is obviously made up that is what he wants. why can't (some of) you just say, "well, if i was building it, i'd use a c2d and this mobo etc etc." Then if the original poster states that isn't what he wants for HIS (or her) system, leave off the post. you don't have to tell people they are ignorant because they disagree with your point of view, or facts or benchmarks, or whatever. maybe he doesn't like intel's commercials, who knows, who cares. he's made it plain he plans on getting amd. i don't recall murdax saying, "you use intel so you suck".
lighten up. kee-rist.
okay, back to the REAL subject of this post...
murdax, the only suggestion i have is in my earlier post.
you may save enough dough overclocking a 3800+ or 4200+ to upgrade a your vidcard to a 8800gtx or 7950gx2. although the 7950 is a rippin card, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.
although i don't know how well that board overclocks, probably pretty well.
also, you need a psu....look around at other posts. tri eclipse had a good one that may be a sticky now that can help you out. 500-550 probably ok for that system, just check specs of you vid card and make sure they're met.
good luck!

nagasama said:
dude, lighten up. i think what he is saying is that faster speed is not the total of a system...not like hammering on intel. i.e. you could have e6600 and crappy ram and what do you have then? the sum is the whole of the parts (did i get that right, lol) kinda thing.

it's his money. it's not like he's saying, "i'm gonna build this computer and YOU HAVE TO USE IT". he's going to take the time to build it, and he's going to use it.
if he wants amd, let him get amd. his mind is obviously made up that is what he wants. why can't (some of) you just say, "well, if i was building it, i'd use a c2d and this mobo etc etc." Then if the original poster states that isn't what he wants for HIS (or her) system, leave off the post. you don't have to tell people they are ignorant because they disagree with your point of view, or facts or benchmarks, or whatever. maybe he doesn't like intel's commercials, who knows, who cares. he's made it plain he plans on getting amd. i don't recall murdax saying, "you use intel so you suck".
lighten up. kee-rist.
okay, back to the REAL subject of this post...
murdax, the only suggestion i have is in my earlier post.
you may save enough dough overclocking a 3800+ or 4200+ to upgrade a your vidcard to a 8800gtx or 7950gx2. although the 7950 is a rippin card, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.
although i don't know how well that board overclocks, probably pretty well.
also, you need a psu....look around at other posts. tri eclipse had a good one that may be a sticky now that can help you out. 500-550 probably ok for that system, just check specs of you vid card and make sure they're met.
good luck!

you'll save just as much money buying a e6300 and overclocking... and about the crapping ram.. i had 512 mb kingston ddr533 and managed to get my e6600 to 370.. which is really freakin high, i was at 3.4 ghz with crappy ram... so don't even mention crappy ram.

core 2 duo is just superior in every way, and is cheaper.. we're trying to save him money....

if you really wanna save money stick to socket 939 and buy an opteron and some cheaper ddr ram.. am2 is hardly a jump from s939

you'd be able to get a better vid card if you went with c2d

well, i'm sure that's great, but you're also a freakin oc master crazy style....i don't know if murdax is. so, yes, crappy ram does come into play in this case, i think.
you guys miss the point of my rant. ITS NOT YOUR MONEY. YOURE NOT HIS FINANCIAL ADVISOR. He didn't ask you to save him money. if you're going to try to save him money, give him suggestions that will impact the system he's decided to build. to give suggestions which don't is rather self-centered and pointless.
and that's my point.
c2d's are superior to x2. okay okay. that's not in question here (or anywhere else for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom