Help building a Decent gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo385

In Runtime
Hey everyone, new to these boards but I ran through a few posts and it looked as though several of you know what you are talking about so here we go.

I am wanting to build a decent/nice gaming PC.

I am going to buy the compents as I can as I get paid.
Over all I am looking to spend between $1-2K.

I could also use some help with a nice new monitor. Would prefer no less then 22" and want it as best as I could possibly afford.

Oh and I have nothing started so I will need everything for the build.

Thanks.

Not bad at all, GT. OP, if you choose to go with this build, and since you stated you are buying them in spurts of money flow, I would get those combo items first as combos do not last long and usually save you a lot of money. Oh and if you do get that monitor, grab it quick as in 4 more days it will be at least $20 more expensive (promo code expires).

I would also get this case instead. I'm just a big fan of NZXT and this case is cheaper plus has lots of room for cooling advancements (side panel has 4 fan ports).
Newegg.com - NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series CS-NT-ZERO-2 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Not bad looking.
I would kind of prefer larger then 22", min of 22" and that one looks nice but I have 22" now and would really like larger, and possibly put up duel screen but not sure.

Oh and the monitor does not have to be included in the $1-2k price range, if it gets that high.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Yea surge I have seen that case before on someone else looking at building one. I get paid tonight so I will probably try to pick up the first combo item first. So any suggestions on first combo buy. The processor/MB combo looks nice.

What does GT and OP mean surge?

Yea surge I have seen that case before on someone else looking at building one. I get paid tonight so I will probably try to pick up the first combo item first. So any suggestions on first combo buy. The processor/MB combo looks nice.

What does GT and OP mean surge?

I would grab the RAM/GPU combo simply because it saves you more ($25 + 2 rebates) than the CPU/Mobo combo ($20 + 1 rebate).

GT was referring to gt7sanremo and OP stands for "original poster" which would be you :D

As for the monitor, I wouldn't recommend anything over 24" for a PC monitor. Higher than 1920x1200 resolution will cost you big time in both monitor price and the need for more GPU power.
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

That monitor is basically a monitor/HDTV so if you need to watch some TV in your computer room, you are all set!

Ok, I saw that monitor at bestbuy and had been reading into it. Looked really nice, was wondering about it.

Oh and the Ram/GPU buy looks good.

Keep the suggestions coming guys/girls.

I'm not a big fan of NZXT cases. I just had wiring problems on an NZXT Apollo I put together recently, turns out the wiring for the Power and Reset switch was messed up. And it wouldn't boot up, luckly the motherboard had onboard power and reset switch. And I had to make a temporary switch on the Apollo for the time being.

This looks good :D

I'd get this with a 1080p monitor (most are around 21.5-26'') but even the 21.5 inches looks as good as gaming on a huge, high-end Television just the screen isn't as big

But the picture quality is really good, just make sure your GPU can take it, becase 1920x1080 is a huge resolution

Don't that Samsung monitor come in a model that does not have the built in speakers. Do not really want that. The GPU he listed should be able to handle that 24" Samsung right?

I'm not a big fan of NZXT cases. I just had wiring problems on an NZXT Apollo I put together recently, turns out the wiring for the Power and Reset switch was messed up. And it wouldn't boot up, luckly the motherboard had onboard power and reset switch. And I had to make a temporary switch on the Apollo for the time being.

Yeah I've never used any cheaper NZXT models (Apollo, Alpha). But the ones I did use (Tempest, Guardian, Lexa) were all great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom