Help with Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retail version (more expensive) comes with software, and other goodies.

OEM is just the card, exansion port and a CD

My recommendations for sound is to use the onboard sound and get some Logitech X-530. I own these speakers and they are amazing. Although, the Z-series from Logitech is supposed to be ultra-good, the X-530s are really nice as well. Plus with the X-530 vs Z-2300 you get 5.1 sound instead of 2.1.

Also, 1GB is enough, as 2GB doesnt increase your performance over 1GB very much at all.

I would get a 5.1 setup but I don't have the space to set that up in my room. So I just picked what I believe is a very nice 2.1 setup.

You don't think that a sound card would increase the sound quality over onboard sound?

yes it will a on-board dont get me wrong i use it too its ok. But a sound card will give you more quality in your sound then onboard ;).

I doubt you would even notice the difference in sound quality. Boards these days are coming out with excellent onboard sound.

Dark_Sniper is right, you probably will get better quality sound, but in my opinion, the small sound quality increase isnt worth the money you spend on a sound card.

People will say that using onboard sound, video, etc takes clock cycles and RAM. They are correct, but again the difference is so minimal, its not worth it from that standpoint either, in my opinion.

Elbatrop1 said:
I doubt you would even notice the difference in sound quality. Boards these days are coming out with excellent onboard sound.

Yea thats true the newer motherboards are starting to come with much much better quality. Then a few gens. back of mobo's but for poeple that want there 5.1 speakers to truley want to bring them bad boy speakers out it will be alot better. But for home use i would stick with onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom