Help With a Build

battleof3

Baseband Member
Hello all! It has been a while since I last posted. Anyways, I'm finally going to have enough money for a new computer! My budget will be roughly 950 USD. I want the best possible build for mostly streaming, recording, gaming, and light video editing. I've got a basic idea of what I want at Intel Core i5-4460, Zotac GeForce GTX 970, Silverstone PS08B (Black) - Possible Gaming Build - battleof3's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker HOWEVER, I want some pro recommendations. My biggest decision is whether to go with the GTX 970 or the r9 280/280x. I'm kinda leaning towards the AMD side, for the free games that come with purchase. But any improvements/more bang-for-buck type of suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.

Well with the I5 you really don't need the liquid cooling so I would go with the stock cooler and invest in a better power supply, 350w is far to plw to power either GPU especially the AMD. I'll be back in a few minutes and go pver the build a little closer, need to help a friend ATM so I'll be back and I'm sure someone else will also give some suggestions.

Dauntae

Cool beans. I chose the cooler because I want to keep the system fairly quiet. But I'd happily resort to a better air cooler than stock. What power supply would you recommend, and furthermore, which GPU?

Put together a list at newegg, Upgraded a few things, I def would got for the 970 (actually I have one on order right now for myself) I stayed with the brands you had on things but do you really need a micro ATX case? That might be a big issue fitting either of the video cards you listed. I"m adding in a good mid tower in the list but will be your preference on it.

Just seen the last post about semi portable, Mid towers are ok but still a bit to move but unfortunately I don't think the 970 or 280X would fit because the cards are long, I'll do a little searching and see who makes the shortest of the 970's and try to find a case that it will fit into that's not huge.

Back
Top Bottom