help with build???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of those two, go with the Intel barebone because it has a quad core. You just need to add the OS, hard drive, and CPU cooler to that. And you should also add the power supply. You can't trust the ones that are included with any case or barebone.

what is wrong with the power supply it has???

and i read something about it being a SLI?? so does that mean i can use a SLI graphics card??

what is wrong with the power supply it has???

Xandubomb said:
Out of those two, go with the Intel barebone because it has a quad core. You just need to add the OS, hard drive, and CPU cooler to that. And you should also add the power supply. You can't trust the ones that are included with any case or barebone.

Ask anyone else here, and they would agree.

i'm just wondering . do they fail?? power surge?? or are you just running the risk of it getting screwed up and ruining your computer? i guess i can get a new one i just don't wanna spend the money. how many watts would you say i would need to run a system like that??

In general, power supplies included with cases and barebones are of low quality. They have a greater chance of failure, and there's a risk of it taking the whole system with it too. The power supply is probably the most important part of the computer, to not skimp on when buying/building a system. I'd say you'd need a quality 400-500W PSU. Which is the one I suggested before.

Here's a cheaper one but also a quality brand:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom