Help Buidling a computer with a $850-$970 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPECOPx

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to building comptuers and so I thought I would give it a shot since im tired of spending 2000+ for a computer i can never upgrade again. My budget is 850-970 dollars and I don't need a Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, or Headset. One thing I want for sure in my build is a GTX 280 and a quad-core processor preferably a Intel. Thanks for any help/advice.

+1 for phil's build.

Although I will mention that you could shave some money off by going AMD, plus you could somewhat futureproof your build since AM3 cpu's fit into AM2+ sockets and vice versa. Or if you really want to future-proof your rig you could go with i7 and take your gpu down to maybe a 275 or 260 for now and SLI them later if you really need more power. Graphics card prices are only getting lower.

Anyhow, phil hooked you up right with that build if you want a budget intel build.

+1 for phil's build.

Although I will mention that you could shave some money off by going AMD, plus you could somewhat futureproof your build since AM3 cpu's fit into AM2+ sockets and vice versa. Or if you really want to future-proof your rig you could go with i7 and take your gpu down to maybe a 275 or 260 for now and SLI them later if you really need more power. Graphics card prices are only getting lower.

Anyhow, phil hooked you up right with that build if you want a budget intel build.

Agreed..

He did say he's fed up of paying $2000+ for a rig he can't really upgrade, and Socket 775 is kind of a "dead" socket now in upgrade ability.

But that build is quite solid Phil good job :)

Yeah pretty nice build man, but do you think the case will fit everything? btw Thanks.

+1 for phil's build.

well you wouldnt shave much money off going with amd it would be a bit more "future" proof.

my suggestion is wait till august when the new core i5's will be coming out and grab one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom