help for booting new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
just do it.. but backup first

edit wait.. run 3dmark06 here... than run it on your Vista version.. lets see how much it drops

Backup. Pray for it to go smoothly. Grab a Starbucks since you might be in for the long haul. Install.

Result: Anger, Crying, or Happiness. 33% for each ;)

only like 75 points I'll bet.

Uhh look at this.

Vista Game Performance: Vista vs. XP and ATI vs. Nvidia: Prey Benchmark

Does that look like Vista is only as minimal difference? Look at the X1950XTX at 1280x1024 in Vista from XP...in Prey there is a 28.50% performance drop!!!! That's like having an X1950PRO in XP...

at higher resolutions it is not THAT bad but still....even at 1900x1200 it's 10% almost with the X1950XTX....15% with the 8800GTS. Also 1280x1024 and 1440x900 widescreen are the most common resolutions at the moment.

huh. I was on another forum and a guy did 3dmark06 on a fresh install of xp and then a fresh install of vista home premium on the same rig and lost 82 points I recall.

Whew !! after long hours of painful yelling, my computer finally gave in and let me boot up VISTA~ I have got to thank you all for helping me with my noobi questions, the satisfaction I've gotten from building this computer from scratch is beyond description, I will now be reccomending to every noobie out there, JUST TRY SOMETHING NEW, BUILDING YOUR OWN IS SO MUCH MORE SATISFYING THAN PRE-MADE JUNK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom