help with BIOS flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok tbh im abit dodgy abotu flashing my BIOS but i thinhk i need to, to support a dual core im gonna, anyways heres my board

ECS Web Site

i ned to know which one of those are the lastest BIOS and how i can flash them in windows (i prefer it over the DOS way) thanks

Hes saying he wants to flash it to support dual core. i cant get the page to load for some reason, but for the most part you need a mobo that supports dual care and cant just upgrade the bios to support it.

It 100% does support my new one (AMDx4200), i just think it will probably need updating to support it. ECS arnt that good are they?

so they are the instructions for flashin the BIOS on my board right? exactly that?
btw do i have to reset my cpu speed to defualt or can i flash on an OC

also does that version of the bios include all the other versions?

but should i reset while flashing? i read somehwre you shouldnt flash while oced dunno if its true?

OK EDIT
what block do i select? the DMI opption?

Wait, reset your CMOS before you flash your BIOS.

Q. What does the clear CMOS jumper do?
A. It resets the BIOS to factory default settings and erases all system configuration data stored in CMOS. It is important to clear the CMOS before flashing the BIOS. Failure to clear CMOS can corrupt the bios and leave you with a disabled system until you can get a new BIOS chip. Sometimes after a BIOS update you must still clear the CMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom