Help with Beta Build - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Help with Beta Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtis View Post
Glad to see that Intel build! The E6750 is an awesome proc. It overclocks very well.

Wow dude, awesome awesome build. That's definetly a higher end beast.

Hope it works out. And when you start to overclock make sure you post about it and let us know!
I appreciate it, and thanks to all of those who stuck with me and assisted me on selecting all of the necessary hardwares.

I hope to learn a little more about the new quads that are coming out and switch over to those in the future... though for now... everything looks good to me! ...except maybe the monitor, but I'm still figuring that out...

When it comes time to overclock, I'll definitely be heading back this way to be assured I am taking the precautions and procedures to overclocking the rig the right way!

The build sure came a long way...

Old 10-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
True Techie

Oh, and also... I know this thread has pretty much been worked through... but I had one last question if anyone else was going to read it...

Right now I plan on making the majority of the purchases through Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

with the exception of the case, I was informed that cases most of the time will be cheaper, with free shipping, from ZipZoomFly is there anything else I may want to consider grabbing from there as well??? or is it just sort of a, compare decide... I just hold my trust in Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! doing business with them, and none through ZipZoomFly thus far...

Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via MSN to Vaanish

Before you make your final decision on going Intel, just remember that if you go AMD, then you will be able to upgrade to the Phenom processors later on.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Corrupt Techie

Intel will have new stuff too... also, haven't people been thinking that the phenom processors won't be enough for AMD to take the lead?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via MSN to Vaanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetherh4cker View Post
haven't people been thinking that the phenom processors won't be enough for AMD to take the lead?
And what justification would they have for thinking that?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Corrupt Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaanish View Post
And what justification would they have for thinking that?
Just the impression that I get from the posts here... besides, a suggestion from someone who has 'Phenom Worshipper' in their title is bound to be bias.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaanish View Post
Before you make your final decision on going Intel, just remember that if you go AMD, then you will be able to upgrade to the Phenom processors later on.

If he go Intel then he will be able to upgrade to the new Intel 45nm Quad Core (Yorkfield) later on
Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
If he go Intel then he will be able to upgrade to the new Intel Quad Core (Yorkfield) later on
Yeah, I was going to ask what the new quad from Intel was called... is Yorkfield the ones?

I knew that AMD's new ones were going to be Phenoms...
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

another recommendation is to use your current build right? but get a Tuniq Tower 120 and get a e2180 and overclock it a lot.. and then get a q9000 series Yorkfield when it comes out....
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
another recommendation is to use your current build right? but get a Tuniq Tower 120 and get a e2180 and overclock it a lot.. and then get a q9000 series Yorkfield when it comes out....
lol, sounds good... but I think I'll stick with what I Have for right now even though your plan sounds super interesting....

though... I believe it was you who mentioned people buy cases from ZZF? maybe... haha...

but I also noticed the deal on that ram is better through ZZF and will save me some overall shipping charges from newegg... is it alright to order the ram and the case from ZZF?

Closed Thread