Help for American friend, basic gaming pre-built system? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Help for American friend, basic gaming pre-built system?

Hey guys, pretty simple this one.

A guy I know in the US wants a new computer. He was talking about a budget of $1000 but after asking him what he wants from it there really is no point in paying that, he was looking at some overpriced HP thing charging him $350 just to add a 120GB SSD...

All it needs is lightgaming (nothing too demanding, he plays an online browser game called Runescape for the most part, apparently his mac can sometimes lag a bit when he has settings on high but I really doubt it needs much) and general browsing, office work etc.

He wants a pre-built and I don't think he wants to bother with custom built gaming PC type online sites if possible. I was just wondering if there are mainstream PC companies over in the US which sell something that sounds like it would fit the bill? Clearly the budget is $1000, but I'm thinking it could be done for a tad cheaper. Anything on the egg or the likes?

Doesn't need a monitor btw.

cheers for any recommendations.
Joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off