help for $4500 system build? :)

Sophia_flutterby

Beta member
:)Hey guys, I am just looking for opinions of the parts I have selected for my build and whether they are suitable/compatible with each and will result in a reasonably good system.

I am currently setting up this computer for my final year project for my mechanical engineering degree at uni. The project will include Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) which is VERY computationally expensive. After researching, talking to people from the CFD community and more research I have narrowed the system down to that shown above. The system is (as best I could) optimised for CFD simulations, I just need help finalising the build design as I am not sure which way to go when it comes down to the specifics.

Price: Aiming for $4-4500 Australian.
Timeline: Order and build within about a month
(Note: I also plan to overclock given the chance too)

*Provisional Specs*
Keep in mind this machine is primary built for CFD (pre/post,sims) but also pro-e, matlab, strand 7 etc...(So its basically a Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) workstation)
CPU --------> i7 3930k
MOBO ------> ASUS P9x79 Deluxe OR Asus Rampage IV extreme
RAM -------> G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB ram-- ie 2 sets of http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-37141046..._9_Unbuffered_
HDD(1st) --> 240GB corsair Force GT
HDD(2nd) -> 2x1TB seagate in raid 0
GPU ------> Nvidia Quadro 4000
Case -----> Azza Hurrican 2000
PSU ------> ???
Cooling ---> Corsair 100

So how does it look. Thoughts, suggestions? :):)

Yha i agree with Jason. However, you may need to look into your board of c hoice, to see if it requires the 8pin AND 4 pin, like the Rampage IV extreme has, needs to connected.

You'll need a dual 8pin psu or might get away with a converter.

Back
Top Bottom