Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
Alright, im trying to install my MSI Platinum into my case... the thing is, whenever I use standoffs, it makes the mobo uneven, thus it does not go into the (i think) I/O shield on the back of the case where I plug in my mouse and keyboard correctly.... it leans up too high... without them, it sits perfectly... i have no idea what to do...
not using the standoffs can shortcircuit stuff... using them is making the mobo uneven..
:/

if you leave the board on the case, its fry everything. Why is the standoff the problem? Are you sure they are correctly placed?

the case came with 3 standoffs... not sure if that is less than normal or not..
i decided to just rig the I/O shield on the outside instead of inside...

Well i got the WHOLE system together... took 8 hours :p

I may pick up some more standoffs some time but right now im done

What if my mobo were to touch the case?
Is it like automatic shorcircuit or what and why does it do it?

My mobo (evga 680i sli ar) sits a little uneven in my case (thermaltake armor) too. I never really figured out why, i just deal with it. not that big of a problem but I find it to be a dumb manufacturing flaw.

it works, so no complaints
:)
on intial startup though it said i had a BootSectore Write VIRUS yet its a brand new HD... any worrys?

my case(coolermaster elite) came with 8 standoffs and mine mb(680i) sits in there perfectly just was a lil tricky getting in the oi shield properly.

you need a bootable CD OS to wipe that...so it should be fine if you have such a thing.

and your mobo might end it's life prematurely without proper installation...just warning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom