help..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i should just get it changed.... if it idles at arnd 40+ n goes up 2 50+ on load, i'm fine with that, but this is really too hot... there's no point in using this if i've to risk burning out the cpu everytime i do something a lil intensive.... thanks 4 yur ideas :p

67 degrees sounds acceptable for a Pentium D. to run prime 95 on two cores there are two ways, i'll tell you the simpler way: make two folders, call them both different names e.g. prime 1 and prime 2. extract prime 95 into each of those folders. open each copy, select advanced/affinity. then click the box that allows you to run it on seperate processors, set one of the prime 95's to 0 and the other to 1. run the same test as before. if you wouldn't mind doing that partly to satisfy my curiosity and partly so i can give an opinion it would be much appreciated :).

ok i ran the thing like u said... ran 4 abt 16 mins.... until the 'Self-test 1024K passed' message came on.... cpu temp went up to 78 degrees max n mobo temp went up to 60 degrees max..... i felt the metal plate which the mobo was screwed on.... was freakin hot.... after stopping it, the cpu temp went down to abt 54 degrees n mobo went down to 55 degrees.... so..... wats yur opinion...?

yea bro, thanks....... i'll try getting it changed.... then if the prob still persists, i'll try lowering the cpu voltage..... thanks again.......

i called up the shop to enquire abt sending the cpu 4 RMA.... the guy was sayin the temps r normal.... he suggested changing the casing to an aluminum 1 to improve the temps inside the casing.... i don't kno what material my current casing is made from.... btw, what do u use to polish the base of a copper heatsink? n how do u lower the voltages to the cpu so that it may generate lesser heat... what programs can u use to run stability tests? thank u... :p

well, i've decided 2 do 3 things to solve this...... i'm gonna lower the volts so that less heat is generated. then i'm gonna lap my heatsink. 1 more thing that should lower the temps by a bit is when the AS5 breaks-in. i think with all this implemented the thing is gonna go down by abt 8 degrees... :p thanks again every1 who has replied. i really app it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom