help..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
m helping my cuzzin fix up his com. he got a ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mobo with a Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz cpu. the cpu (using stock fan+heatsink) was running at abt 60+ degrees as the os was idle... informed the guy whom he bought this frm abt it. i was told that this cpu runs pretty hot on its own, so i got a Thermaltake Polo 735 heatsink+fan n installed it. the cpu is now at abt 50+ degrees. the thing only lowered abt 10 degrees.... :( is there anything wrong with the cpu or should i expect this..... should i get it exchanged? the mobo also runs abt 50+ degrees.... how?

From Reading alot of forums, I would say thats about normal. If you want to go cooler try water cooling or other more expensive forms of cooling.

Try applying New AS5 (Thermal Compound) and adding more case fans.

okie....... what is the max threshold of the temps b4 it becomes dangerous? i'll try using AS5...

Type properly, it is really annoying to read.

The 775 Prescott's run hot. If it idles in the 40s on air you have a good one. Did you apply just a cooked grain of rice worth of thermal paste with the new heatsink and clean it with something that is 90%+ alcohol?

yeah i did. the lowest the temps with AS5 applied and on max fan speed is abt 50 degrees celcius.... i've a case fan that draws in air n 1 at the back that draws out.... the mobo temps go arnd 50 degrees... what else should i do? thanks 4 yur inputs...

ok, i ran prime95 for abt 38 mins... there were no errors... cpu temp went up 2 67 degrees c. mobo temp went up to 57 degrees c. i used the pc probe software which came with the mb, for the temp readings. after stopping the tests, temp for the cpu dropped to 52 degrees c on idle, mobo dropped 2 52 degrees c only. this is what i have for cooling my system. 4 the cpu, i've got a Thermaltake Polo 735 heatsink+fan with AS5 applied. fan speed running 2 the max, abt 5500 rpm. i've got a 12cm casing fan that draws in air directly to the cpu fan. i've got a 12 cm fan at the back to draw out hot air. plus i've got the psu fan to also draw out air. the cpu temp while the system is idle still seems too hot... so... that's abt it..... thanks again....... :p

btw the torture test i ran was on the 2nd option (In-place large FFTs)...

if you still think its too hot then get water cooling. if you really want to blow your money and go all out then get phase cooling....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom