help with 1000$ pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking at a X1950XT then be careful - they are also known as Leaf Blowers - amazingly loud!

Other thing I was going to say - are you an overclocker, as I noticed you were recommended G.Skill HZs - are the HZs really needed as they are only expensive really becuase of their Overclockability, maybe some GeIL Ultra would be better and you getting a 8800 series?

ok, this is a build for my sister, might play a little games, but mostly photo shop. But really graphics card isn't that important. Mainly I wan't the thing, reliable, easy to set up, and quiet. Don't really care if it is overclockable.

o yeah , I am just using standard 2gb g.skill ram, maybe I won't get a graphics card, and wait until I can get her a good directx 10 card. I don't know.

if you want things to be quiet then get some low dBA case fans, and an aftermarket GPU cooler for a 7900GS.

well, this is my first full build, (swap a lot of stuff with my pc) so I am trying not to get to complicated or void any warrenties, are there any other graphics cards that are good yet quiet?

okay here is what I got any suggestions comments would be great. I am just looking for a pc that once it is together it will be rock solid. Wan't everything to be pretty good, except audio, that doesn't really matter, onboard will do.

cpu = e6600
motherboard = ASUS P5B-E LGA 775
graphics card = evga 7900gs ko
Hd= Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250gb (Perpendicular Recording)
Power Supply = Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W
Monitor = Hanns·G HW-191APB Black 19"
PC Case = Lian Li pc-65b
Ram = G.Skill 2gb ddr 800, 240pinn
keyboard/mouse = Microsoft 6000 B7T-00001 RF Ergonomics
dvd drive = Lite on 20x dvd burner, 12x dvd-ram + lightscribe

One last thing, if needed I ca downgrade to, and price is flexible.

the only thing i would change is the processor to C2D E6320, ram (don't know any good ddr2, only used ddr), and your video card. i see people recommending you other PSUs but the one you have right now is excellent and probably even better. the t2 w0070 is a really good solid PSU dont look down on it. if you go to lanparties, a lot of gamers got the t2 w0070

EDIT: nevermind i misread your video card. you can keep the7900gs and just change the cooler to an arctic silencer or accelero. it will be silent enough for you to not hear it.

The t2 w0070 WAS a good PSU back like when 18 amps on the 12's were sufficient. Now it's a scare to run even a 7900GS on one of those. Plus there are better PSU's for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom