Not open for further replies.
Ok these are my "specs" PcMe

IF I DO SOMETHING WRONG TELL ME PLZ!! Thankxs

Name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and play monitor

Thats what it said. If you need something else tell me

What is your computers make and model? Like Dimension 300, something like that?

Here i found more stuff.

System Model: Dimension 2400
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Memory: 126MB Ram
Page File: 242MB Used, 64MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

hello? My friend said his computer could have been even worth 400 bucks. Can someone find me a pc that can play games like BF2 and C&C Renegade Perfectly and Cheap Please. ALSO does a router affect internet connection? Like will it make your computer that already have internet go faster??? Thanks!

OK, mi amigo... Here ya go-

You're processor ain't too bad. It's a P4 at least, and not a Celeron, which is good. You have a 2.53 with a FSB of 533. The best socket 478 CPU with a FSB of 533 you can get is a 2.8.

You're RAM ain't so hot. You posted that you have 126MB. Your mobo only has two slots, and can only handle up to a gig of RAM. Your best bet would be to snag some more RAM. I'd recommend getting two sticks of 512MB if you can. Like these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145439
Just under $90 on NewEgg (inc. shipping).

As for graphics, you're pretty much screwed. Your mobo doesn't have an AGP slot...which is but one reason we say that Dell sucks. You have old-school PCI slots, so the best you could do is a Radeon 9250 or a Geforce FX5500.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102533
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133134

As for buying a decent gaming computer for less than $700, I haven't found one yet. You might be able to build one, but buy one? You wouldn't get much better than what you can upgrade to (except for getting a AMD 64 CPU, of course).

Oh, and a router just allows you to share an internet connection. It won't speed it up any.

By the looks of your knowledge about computers id suggest you not upgrading your computer yourself. Unless you knew someone that has built computers in the past or you know a place where you could go that could upgrade your computer for you.Maybe even order the parts and have someone you know that knows computer install them and the drivers and whatnot.

For your budget I wouldnt get your hopes up about playing battlefield 2 perfectly. You'd need at the very least ONE gigabyte of ram and a newer DX9 card to run that game close to perfectly.

2 gigabytes is perfect for that game. My old 9800pro didnt even run it smoothly.

And a reviw of that nvidia card someone said that running it on a low resolution with settings on high wouldnt get above 20fps on halo. And battlefield two is more demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom