Hello and advice please

hkusptac

Beta member
Hi,
new member, so Hi to everyone.
has anyone any ideas on what I should be looking at for a top performing voice recognition pc?
I have the peripherals but would like advice on motherboard, processor(s), memory.
Thinking perhaps dual i7's or Zeon's 32 or 64gb ram 2x 256 ssd's.
i have tried this with i5, 8gb and 2x 256ssd's and it will just not hack it. Not over worried about graphics just want raw grunt processing power and speed.
Obviously a self build.
All thanked in advance for your comments.

cheers

Without going into too much detail, I am starting from scratch, so recognising a word and matching it and matching context is a high speed requirement.
I have given up on Dragon 12 and I do not believe there is anything else available commercially. I do not say that there is nothing else - simply that it is not available.....

Eh, no it's not. Not really, unless you mean you are creating your own program from scratch. Phones do voice recognition with 1/4 of the hardware you mentioned before as does the Xbox.

That's it. As I said I do not wish to get into detail but it is not as difficult as you might think, but I need more speed.
Anyway I thank you for your input. I have never bought a pc except laptops, I have always built my own and as this is going to be a pretty expensive project I wanted as much advice/help as I can find. It is not so much the components although they are important but the speed the motherboard accesses the hd's and or memory.

That's the deal, any modern setup "accesses" the HDDs and memory the same way whether it's AMD or Intel. SATA3 and DDR3 1600 is the defacto for today's hardware. If you have a laptop i5 then that's going to be a dual core setup which should still be quick enough. Without going into detail on exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish then it makes it almost impossible to tell you exactly what to get. That's like trying to say "I want a gaming PC". Well what kind, what kind of games, what resolution, what budget, ect. I mean I've used Dragon Naturally Speaking and it took nothing for hardware. So when you say voice recognition it's pretty broad. I can give you a list of hardware but without knowing what exactly the hardware is doing besides voice recognition it's rather uneducated guessing besides knowing how good the hardware is generally.

Back
Top Bottom